Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Building Chest Muscles
youngskied posted:
I was reading a slideshow by WebMD about building certain muscle groups. When I came upon the chest portion there wasn't much info as far as exercises go other than the bench press. Within the article regarding the bench press it say that it works the entire chest and no other variations are needed for building your whole chest. It brought some speculation because when I have read forums around the web it states that either a variation of exercises are needed or the bench is not as effective as stated. What do you guys think?

gymrat44 responded:
I would do some good form push-ups and a variety of dumbbell exercises -- presses and flys both flat and inclined. I find that those have helped me fill out my chest nicely.

The bench press is OK but dumbbells do work on some of the smaller muscles better and give you increased range of motion. Also you can make sure that both sides work equally so that you can get better symmetry.

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.