Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breast Size Reduction
An_246497 posted:
I am male 28, i am having breast issue. It get large and sometime it became normal.. 85% time it will be large compared to normal male and hence disturbs me as it embarrassing me when i were t-shirts. How to reduce the breast size without surgery. Please help me out.

Doom83 responded:
Well, I just wanted to get a little more information from you, was this condition induced or natural? For example steroids? I mean no offense but this can play a major role in such a condition. But sometimes it can be hormonal and testosterone deficiencies . If it fluctuates in size often it could be just that and I would suggest seeing a doctor regarding this matter. If you have no issues then maybe changing your diet and exercising can help because some foods can cause breast size and if you can decrease fat and form muscle you can even out your breast form. Then maybe you will be more comfortable with how you look. I hope this helps. For me ,exercising helped.

aniceguy2012 responded:
I had the same problem when I was your age and the way I reduced the size of my man-boobs was going to a gym and focusing almost exclusively on chest exercises, such as the bench press. It took about 2 months before I noticed any significant difference but in the long term it worked well for me. You could consider buying some weights to use at home because gyms can be costly.

In my case, man-boobs are genetic on my mother's side of the family, so I have to continually work at reducing them otherwise they develop again.

You might also go to Youtube and search for videos about man-boobs. There are dozens of them there.

I know how you feel, man. All the best.

An_246709 replied to Doom83's response:
It could be gynecomastia. This is a common condition in young men. It is due to hormone imbalance and can settle by itself but it might take some time to resolve.

Tallsmilingtree responded:
When I was about 11 or12 years old I started developing breasts. I was otherwise tall and thin and very active in sports. I was miserable! Being thin already, losing weight was not an option so I had to have them removed. Afterwards I was ecstatic! I felt normal! I soon got a girlfriend and could actually wear a t shirt. This option may be the right one for you after all. Speak to your Dr.

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.