Skip to content
Numbness plus tightening/choking sensations
payne5000 posted:
I have been experiencing tightening/choking sensations and sometimes when I am relaxing and laying down at the end of the days. I wake up gasping for air all the time, though I am able to start to fall asleep again, as soon as I fall asleep I am waking back up. It kind of freaks me out, having this happen to me and I have quit smoking (3 weeks ago) to try and help alleviate the symptoms but to no avail. It has seemed to gotten a bit worse. I have been told it could be sleep apnea, tension/stress

Take the Poll

What could this be?
  • Sleep Apnea
  • Tension/Stress
  • High Blood Pressure
View Poll Results
Anon_527 responded:
Your symptoms could be caused by any or all three of these conditions. You need to see your doctor for evaluation.
payne5000 replied to Anon_527's response:
Thankx for the response!

Helpful Tips

Similar situation, if I may recommend Mayo Clinic – search on dercum’s disease
I can relate to your frustration! I too was in a car accident and afterward ended up with some lumps appearing on my lower back in the area ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.