Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Left testicle larger, different shape than right
    mb1992bos posted:
    I'm 19 but have noticed this problem for a while. My left testicle feels different than my right. I notice that on the back/bottom of it, it feels like there is a circular spiral tube that is a little bit lumpy, but I don't feel anything similar on the right side. When doing a "self check" I also feel a slight bump or kink on the vein or tube that goes up from the left into my body. If I press on it, it feels somewhat sensitive to touch. I haven't noticed this on the right side either.

    Also I occasionally (once every 1-2 months) get a pain in my lower abdomen usually after working out, and it burns to urinate when I have this. I have tried taking a zantac a few times and that seems to make it go away, so it is probably just reflex, but I was wondering if it could be related?

    Am I being a hypochondriac or does any of this seem abnormal?
    Keithg67 responded:
    When I was in the military This was also found on my it was some sort of pocket in the testi but it was a concern as it could have been something more the doctor thought it could have been cancer so I highly recommend you have it checked.
    MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff responded:
    Hi there,

    Any pain or swelling in or around your testicles should be examined by a doctor. I cannot tell exactly what might be going on based on your description of your symptoms. Some common possibilities are a hydrocele (fluid collecting in an area around the testicle) or a varicocele (swelling in a vein that drains blood away from the testicle). Both of these are fairly easily treated if needed. Pain in the testicles can even be caused by an infection, such as an STD. Another possibility is that it's just your normal anatomy. However, since you've noticed a difference I'd definitely get it checked. Typically, testicular cancer isn't painful. However, don't let the scary C word keep you from getting a diagnosis from your doctor. It's probably NOT cancer, but wouldn't you feel better getting an answer once and for all? Testicular cancer is very treatable if found early. So don't ignore it. Get it checked. And again, it's probably NOT cancer. But get it checked anyway.

    Dr. Smith

    Michael Smith, MD
    Chief Medical Editor, WebMD
    Storm_Spirit_28 replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    I have an issue where my Girlfriend tried to get my attention by grabbing my right testicle, and pinching it. Needless to say, the pop was felt very clearly by me, and was audible to both of us. Something got separated, ruptured, and now I have serious problems in my right testicle. The rupture was slightly painful. Afterward my testicle swelled up big, it was very tender, and painful, to move, sit, or walk, for several week's. Now, It's only painful if I get hit in the Ball's, or grabbed. My right testicle is now shrunk by about 30% in diameter. Half of my right Testicle is Hard, and Lumpy, as a result. I have No Medical Insurance whatsoever, and my Seasonal Job just ended. I can't afford to see a Doctor, or get a Physical, or Testicular Ultrasound. It's been a year and a half since then.
    Storm_Spirit_28 responded:
    I also have one testicle larger than the other. I'm guessing It's like when a chick has 1 Tit, slightly larger than the other. It's strange how Non Proportionate Dimensions, seem to be the Normal Manifestation's into today's societie's. It work's all the same as the other testicle though. I'de get checked by a Doc, if I was you, and I had the insurance to cover the cost. Your 19, in your Sexual Prime. Pain is Abnormal.
    MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff replied to Storm_Spirit_28's response:
    It's actually normaly to have one testicle larger than the other. One also hangs lower than the other -- normal again. But good advice recomending anyone with testicular pain see a doctor.

    Dr. Smith

    Chief Medical Editor
    MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff replied to Storm_Spirit_28's response:
    You definitely want to get this checked out. Do you live near a big city? Most large cities have clinics that are specifically for people who do not have health insurance and may not be able to afford paying for their medical care. They can also provide many tests a little to no costs and can refer you to other docs they work with -- again, for little to no cost. A little searching around the Internet should surface something. Hey, even if you have to drive a little to get to one of these clinics, it'll be worth it. You don't want to ignore that. Care is there. You might just have to work a little harder to find it. Good luck.

    Dr. Smith

    Chief Medical Editor
    dtorres30066 responded:
    no very dangerous to not seek medical help will not hurt
    monstertech101 replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    dr. smith,
    about a monty ago i noticed a small lump on my left testical. over a few weeks it got bigger. in the beginning there was no pain. but as it grew it became sensitive and felt like that dull pain you get when you gettapped in the sack, so to speak. now i dont feel the lump but my testical is twice the size and shaped very oddly and kinda hard. if i feel examine it myself i get that dull pain again. and the right testical seems smaller and a little softer then usual. any ideas?
    An_250409 replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    I was just diagnosed in having clusters of cysts inside my scrotum on my left testicle. Theu are going to do surgery to remove them. My question is, I am also having mild to severe pain in my lower back. Could these be related?
    Bekahboo19 replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    My boyfriend just noticed today a change in how low his left testicle hangs, and it feels like there isis a large mass of loose tubes on the left side. The vein leading up into his body is much larger too. He says that he checks them everu time he showers and that it's a really big difference.
    An_254722 replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    My left testis is a lot bigger then my right. My right testis is about the size of a quarter. If I sit Indian style or certain positions there is a slight pain on the right testis and sometimes I feel it almost retreat in the body. Is there anything wrong.
    nikolany replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    Do you happen to know maybe of such a clinic in New York area? I'm sorry i'm really bad with internet and it's kind of emergency...
    jrgoochy replied to MW_Smith_WebMD_Medical_Staff's response:
    One of my testes is about the size of a grape the other about the size of a walnut...never really paid much attention but it seemed as if the right one is shrinking, should I be concerned?
    An_261755 replied to Bekahboo19's response:
    I have the same thing. I have phisical Friday I hope they can find it or if anyone knows please help. Kinda freaking me out. Only 17 years old and plan on family in future

    Helpful Tips

    Discharge from Penis(Penile Discharge)
    Penile discharge is the abnormal loss of fluid that is not urine or semen from the urethra (urine tube) at the tip of the penis. It is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.