Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breathing, weakness, heart, head issues not sure what to do
Scottsx2 posted:
Hello, I have been having issues for the past year to two years. I haven't done as much as I probably should about this issue but I would like to start being more proactive now because it might be getting worse. Let me tell the story first.
Not to long ago probably around 3 school semesters ago during the winter I was on my way to school and all the sudden started in my experience felt like I was having a heart attack. My legs went numb and I felt strange all over. My chest was uncomfortable and it is extremely hard to describe the sitution perfectly. The best way to describe the issues are a massive sense of weakness. This went on for a while I had visitited the cardiologist, had many tests done at the hospital but they couldn't find anything serious. That was back then but I haven't had anything recent sinse.
My current issues:
Head starts to feel strained and almost like a very strange headache nothing I have ever had in my life before.
Chest starts to feel weak and my breathing becomes a little awkward.
My legs feel numb
My heart starts to beat either strangely or extremely fast and I then start feeling very uncomfortable.
Now some things to note: Ever since I started college I started becoming very lazy. In high school I played a lot of sports and kept in pretty decent shape. Now since college I went into computer science and I have been on computers and becoming out of shape for around 3 years now maybe pushing 4. For the past year and a half to 2 years I have noticed strange feelings in my legs. I have been getting stretch like marks behind my kneecaps and sometimes they look very awful and scary. I can feel the weakness back there and I know its definatly not good. I also noticed strange spiderlike looking marks going all the way up my upper thy around the groind pretty much the chubby fat part of the leg. I know this is probably because of me not getting much exercise in a while. I would really like to get back into it but since this problem things have only been going down hill for me.
I would also like to note that sleeping has become very hard. I hardly feel like sleeping. I almost feel like I lost the sense of feeling tired most of the time. Back in high school my body felt great. I loved coming home after a workout or practice. Now I normally feel very weak and all around bad. So this leads me to staying up late on the computer more. Sometimes I even stay up to 6am and beyond because I can't fall asleep. I know this has caused me a lot of issues to with real life obligations. Several times i have pulled a all nighter so to speak or close to it and gone to work or school or something else with less than 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But what really concerns me is the select times I have experienced something that has been extremely bad. On a few occasions I have had severe episodes which are out right debilitating. It starts with the head. I have this strain that goes through my head. It feels like the veins by my temples are pulsating out of my head. I had a headache sensation. My heart and chest feel weak and sometimes my heart randomly beats extemely fast causing me to experience great distress. I feel so uncomfortable I try and walk it off and drink lots of water but it barely helps. I try to take a shower and go to sleep but it becomes very difficult. Eventually I eat something, drink a lot of water and keep trying to relax and wait it out and after a long time luckily I fall asleep.
I have no idea what to do and these episodes come randomly (the really bad ones) but other than the bad episodes I get minor ones in comparison which cause similar symptoms but stick more with the heart racing and extreme sense of weakness.

Scottsx2 responded:
Second part first was too long:

I definatly think me being extremely solitary has cause damage and I am not sure what. I am on the computer hours and hours either for school, work, games, etc.... I am sitting the majory of the day and I understand it's not healthy and would like to fix it in the near future.
Another thing to note: While falling asleep it is very difficult. Every single night or at least 99% of the time I start breathing abnormilly. Almost like my breathing out of my nose and mouth are cut by 40% or so. As if I have some sort of cold, my nostrils clog up and normally 1 gets compleletly clogged while leaving me with one which is working at a much lower capacity forcing me to breath through my mouth and it because very hard and annoying. I also notice it is hard to sleep on my sides and I don't want to say super hard for my left side but it seems like I am falling asleep better on my back or right side.

Just remember I have been to the cardiologist and they couldn't seems to pinpoint anything.
I have been to the hospital around 4-6 times.
I have seen my family phsyician numerouse times about this.
Overall this is causing me so many problems with school, work, etc I need to get this fixed.
Thanks for reading

Scottsx2 replied to Scottsx2's response:
Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.