Skip to content
psa level
An_247784 posted:
In december 2011 my psa level was 1.5 but my testorsterone level was low. around 300. So my urologist put me on androgel first for 2 months but it didnt raise my testosterone level. So he recommended testopal 10 pellets implants. I went forward with that and in 2 months it doubled my testosterone level but my PSA went up to 4.1. Now my urologist is suggesting biopsy to rule out any prostate cancer but I am hesitant as i want to wait and see if my psa will come down in a month or so. I heard that testopal effect lasts up to 4 months. Is it possible that when the testopal effect is gone my psa level may come down? What if implanted pellets are taken out now, Would that make a difference? Can testosterone treatment causes psa level to rise? Iam 50 years and healthy otherwise. Please advise. Thanks!

ontbear responded:
Hi.... I had low testrosterone levels and asked to be put on some regiment of hormones. My nurse pratitioner said no --- there is the possiblies of more harm then good. She may be very wise. Hope your elevated PSA comes down and there is no cancer. Ontbear

Helpful Tips

semen color
past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.