Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do You Have Any Tattoos?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Tattoos have become so much more commonplace than they were in the past. You're just as likely to find tattoos on women as on men, on an executive as well as someone in the military, and everything in between. It can be a great way to express yourself, imprint with images or words which have meaning to you.

So do you have a tattoo? More than one? If so, what are they? Or are you thinking about getting a tattoo or more tattoos and of what?

Before you get inked, check out the things you should be considering:

Before You Tattoo Slideshow
FirstPrevious12NextLast

dfromspencer responded:
Hi, Caprice

I have one tattoo, on my right forearm. It's a "Harley wings" and it used to have writing in it. I got it when i was eighteen, and after drinking old grandad. I thought i was feeling no pain, but that hurt like hell. NO more tattoo's for me! The one i got, looked cool for years, but now is faded, and ugly.

It looks cool when you're young, but once you get older, they do not look so hot anymore. I used to talk to this 90 year old guy, he has since died. He had tattoo's over 90% of his body. No, they didn't look so good. Not with all the wrinkles and such.

Its a shame they are not easy to remove, or i would have done so years ago. And whats with all the piercing? Some people even pierce their eyelids, their nose, and their lips. Why? Don't they feel as if they have enough holes in their heads? WOW!
There is no way i would ever do that!

Thanks Caprice, great question, Dennis

An_247002 responded:
No, tattoo on me. I'm rather old-fashioned, and I can't help but have negative image toward tattoo. I know it can simply be an artistic expression and not necessarily gang-related or rebellion, but I can't seem to erase that perception.

scorp1971 responded:
I am a "Scorpio" so I have 2 scorpions tattoo'd on my front just below my pant line. You can just see the tails sticking up above my trousers. I am super proud of them. Everyone always asks if it hurt really bad there ?

dfromspencer replied to scorp1971's response:
Well, did it???

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's cool reading these responses, whether you have tattoos or not.

Hey, Scorp, me too.

dfromspencer replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
How bout you, Caprice? Did it hurt?

Cocochee responded:
I have 22 tattooes and I am a female. I am not happy about all of them but I am a PROUD tattooed woman!! I would love to get more but they are expensive as you all probably know.

ibhask responded:
Hey,
I guess I am still a little "old school" but changing or trying to! I used to think that "tats" were dirty and an expression of low class and that probably had to do with my parents expressing their feelings.

However, I have seen some very tasteful and actually artsy type tats the last few years but still cringe at the "in your face" arms/legs and poorly done tats.

Seems like it is quite a business now and it will be with us forever; even in death. My children did the tat thing, one wishes she wouldn't have and is trying to get it changed by an over-tat. Another has a very beautiful tat on her backside or lower back she can show or not. The last one wishes he had never had one done but was in the Navy and that was the thing to do ...... gosh, what peer pressure will do.

Anyway, bottom line to me is think about it; ask around; and don't just climb in the chair because others think it is cool.

ibhask replied to dfromspencer's response:
Oh you are so right on! Piercing is just about the ugliest thing; but isn't that what it all about?? Bringing attention to one's self? Always reminds me of the native pictures in the old National Geographics.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
No, I don't have any tattoos, Dennis, not yet anyway. I meant me too, I'm a Scorpio.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Cocochee's response:
Hi Cocochee,

Is there any way you can tweak the ones you're not happy with to improve them?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ibhask's response:
I agree with thinking about it, Bhask. My younger son (now 27) has one tat with plans for at least three or four more. They're REALLY well thought-out and really represent who he is and what inspires him. His girlfriend has a beautiful tat over half her back.

My older son and wife... no tats and will likely never get them.

To each his own. And I've come to respect them as yet another way for someone to express themselves.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ibhask's response:
The thing about piercings is that they're not permanent the way most tats are. Still, one has to be aware that infections are always possible.

Like with tats, I find some quite beautiful, others not so much.

dfromspencer replied to ibhask's response:
You should see my son! He was/is into grunge. He has tats all over, even on his face. He has piercings all over his face, nose, eyebrows, lips. Ugh! But i love him anyway!

My daughter, she is so beautiful, she does not need anything to improve her looks! However, she does have some little tats, in hidden places. Tasteful, at least.

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.