Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Annual physical and genital exam
David_Johns posted:
I just had my first annual physical with a new internist (my former one died last year). He has an excellent reputation and I like his manner. He examined everything like my former physicians have done (only in a more thorough manner) except for one thing.

He did not examine my genitals. He didn't examine my penis, palpitate my testicles, or check for a hernia ("turn your head and cough"). While he did ask me to drop my drawers for the digital rectal exam, he didn't tell me to turn around for the genital exam like I had been used to.

I don't know how to bring this up to him without it seeming a little "strange," so I am asking you men. At age 63, would examining my genitals be part of an ordinary annual physical?

hairyd responded:
What is strange about asking your doctor to examine your dick and testicles. Your age a man normaly does not have cancer in their balls. You do not have to be ask to turn around. Just do and said I'm not having any problems at this time. But go ahead. Give me a full wellness check up of my penis area. Some males do not want another male pull on their penis. Therefore the doctor needs to be asked.
You are fastest Sperm from your father....Stay HEALTH.....

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.