Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Penis Numbness
vinis posted:
Hi All,

I've been having a seemingly non-serious problem that has been bugging me for a month.
The main symptom is that of mild pain/numbness in the upper corona of penis. The penis just doesn't feel a 100% right. It seems a bit dead. I am having no problems getting erection or ejaculating.

It started a month back due to rough masturbation. I probably used a hard grip, no lube and went back-to-back, probably thrice.

Anyway, went to a doc and told him everything. He discovered another problem and gave me an anti-fungal. However, it flared up (turns out it was candidal balanitis) and I had to change the anti-fungal, and 10 days later the infection was gone.

However the pain and the redness/purplish coloration on the corona is still there. My doc tells me there is nothing to worry about, but I'm afraid he's not probing enough.

In summary:
Pain/numbness in corona of penis. The corona is redder/purple.
Penis feels lifeless. (it doesn't rise when I pull my legs in)
No problems with erections/ejaculation

Thanks,

dfromspencer responded:
This Dr. you saw, was he an UROLOGIST? It sems to me, the problem lies deeper than your regular Dr. can find? May i suggest, you should go see an urologist? It probably is nothing, but for your own peace of mind, see the urologist.

I'm thinking, you may have burst some smaller blood vessels? The discoloration will probably fade over time? If you are like me, you will want to know for sure, see that urologist.

Good luck, Dennis

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.