Skip to content
To Manscape or Not To Manscape?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you 'manscape'? What does your manscaping routine involve? Neck and up, waist and up, or all over?

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
Yes i do...but i dont go over board. Thankfully I do not have an over abundance of body hair. What i do have i try to keep tamed by triming every few weeks. I do shave my chest, mostly because it doesnt grow in enough for me to trim it and look 12, so i just clean it up. I dont wax my eyebrows, but i do try to look after them and if i see a stragler about, ill get the tweezers and yank it out. Every so often ill do an exfoliating scrub on my face and use one of those biore strips to minimize the black heads on my nose. Maybe that is overboard? Ill let you all decide.

The way I see it is that if we expect a woman to take care of her body and keep those types of things under control, we could offer them the same courtesy...thats just my two cents.

IC

gymrat44 replied to 1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on's response:
For a long time it was just my head/face hair that I took care of -- now I have moved along with the clippers and tidy up regularly in other areas.

About once every six weeks to two months I cut all my chest hair down to a half inch. That leaves enough for a general furry mat without hiding any muscle definition. Armpits are trimmed to a quarter inch with extra hair extending outside the pit trimmed where they would poke out. My pubes I trim once a quarter or so down to a half-inch while I try to shave my 'frank and beans' twice a week to get that nice silky feeling and to present them in their full size.

Recently I found I had become too busy to shave my cock and balls and found that in a matter of a couple months the whole area had become overrun with hair! I was amazed after shaving it again how much bigger everything looked as well as how wonderful it felt. Since I'm a nude sleeper I just couldn't keep my hands off of it that first night after shaving again, a very pleasant experience for me.

One time a number of years ago I experimented with shaving virtually everything below my neck. It was interesting but took too much time to keep up. And I felt I needed to keep it up if I were going to do it at all. Shaved forearms look OK but forearm stubble just doesn't work! I remember wearing long sleeve shirts exclusively for a couple of weeks while the arm hair was growing back in.

kahnjoe responded:
I'm 47 and feel like I started late at about 42, I enjoy trimming my chest, back,abs, underarms and the pubic hair above my penis. FYI, I started everything I just mentioned except underarms. My wife asked me to do underarms and chests abs. She does however appreciate my pubic grooming. Additionally, I do shave my scrotum and shaft smooth. It's awesome feeling. Occasionally my massage therapist who is also an esthetician will wax my nipple area so it's smooth. The hair there grows wildly and wax or shave works best there. I just wish my wife and I started grooming sooner. I'd like her labia bare but she says she is too old ? She is trimmed pretty well, could be a little shorter for my tastes. Advice to others, trim!

dfromspencer responded:
For the most part, i have kept my face and neck shaved. A few years back, i'm 53 now, i tried shaving my genitals. What a wonderful feeling that is! Now i know why women shave theirs. And, like GymRat says, it shows full potential at all times. Win/win!

I don't have to shave anywhere else. I was never blessed with much arm, leg, or even chest hair. You can see everything perfectly clear, so no shaving for me. Right now, since i don't currently have a girlfriend, i let my pubic hair grow out to about a half inch. Thats not very long, but at least it isn't stubble. So, if the situation arises, it will not bother any females.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on's response:
That's a nice point, IC, about courtesy.

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.