Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Includes Expert Content
what can cause 1 testical to swell up 5 times its normal size
An_249120 posted:
my right side testical is 4 times its normal size and it feels like someone is hitting me down there everytime i touch it ive got severe abdomal pain about a wk ago i thought i was passing a kidney stone but it went away and a cpl days after that thats when it felt like someone was hitting me in my testicals and yesterday i noticed my left side was 4 to 5 times its normal size..about a wk ago my fiancee found out she had a UTI but is gone now but we were together b4 she found out she had it and we were together physically could this be the cause of that or is it something else

Take the Poll

what can cause 1 of your testicals to swell up 5 times its normal size
  • testical cancer
  • hernia
View Poll Results
ontbear responded:
You do not need a poll here--- get yourself to a doctor.
davedsel57 responded:
I totally agree with ontbear. You can not get a diagnosis or treatment over an internet message board. You need to see a doctor in person for that.

If cost is an problem, look for free or low-cost clinics in your area. If you do not have a personal physician and cost is not a factor, then go to an urgent care clinic.

You need to get this treated asap.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


hairyd replied to davedsel57's response:
All of the above could be the reason. But you need an exam and test. Your can damage your sex organs by waiting weeks for medical treatment. Use a condom when you are physical with a female. Some clinics provide them free.
You are fastest Sperm from your father....Stay HEALTH.....
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
This could be any number of things including very serious and potentially life-threatening problems such as a testicular cancer or a serious infection. You need to go be seen by your doctor and ideally a urologist for a urine check and a testicular ultrasound as well as examination. Once it is proven that there's nothing serious or life-threatening that they can assess whether this is simply a fluid collection or other possible problem. Do not delay as serious problems only get worse.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.