Includes Expert Content
Check up!
motelltwyman posted:
Where can I go to get a full body check up. I am a farely healthy male, 25, former college athlete. I have a few things though that bother me and i'd like to see a doctor about. Do i just go to a hospital and say "i would like a check up?"
davedsel57 responded:
You need to select a local doctor that can become your primary or regular physician. Call and make an appointment after determining if the doctor is accepting new patients. Do you have health care insurance of any type? You will need to find a doctor that participates with your plan if you do.

Hospitals are not for routine care. They are for serious and emergency cases.

Good luck.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


motelltwyman replied to davedsel57's response:
Yes, i have insurance through my job. Thank you very much for the information, it was very helpful.

Have a great day!
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Probably you should see an internist .The best source for you is to talk to your friends neighbors and coworkers to find doctors that they find to be responsive, intelligent and helpful. Just as important see how the office staff treat you as this is a reflection of how the doctor wants you to be treated.