Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Check up!
    motelltwyman posted:
    Where can I go to get a full body check up. I am a farely healthy male, 25, former college athlete. I have a few things though that bother me and i'd like to see a doctor about. Do i just go to a hospital and say "i would like a check up?"
    davedsel57 responded:
    You need to select a local doctor that can become your primary or regular physician. Call and make an appointment after determining if the doctor is accepting new patients. Do you have health care insurance of any type? You will need to find a doctor that participates with your plan if you do.

    Hospitals are not for routine care. They are for serious and emergency cases.

    Good luck.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    motelltwyman replied to davedsel57's response:
    Yes, i have insurance through my job. Thank you very much for the information, it was very helpful.

    Have a great day!
    Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
    Probably you should see an internist .The best source for you is to talk to your friends neighbors and coworkers to find doctors that they find to be responsive, intelligent and helpful. Just as important see how the office staff treat you as this is a reflection of how the doctor wants you to be treated.

    Helpful Tips

    semen color
    past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.