Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Unknown rash with blisters/ulcers on scrotum
    curmudgeon posted:
    I have been working outside a lot, digging and working around the yard. A week ago I noticed a dark area in the shape of a meandering line about 3/4 inch long on my scrotum.
    I thought nothing of it as I can't get close enough to see it well.
    Within a day or two I developed more of these dark lines which eventually peeled off??? to expose red rashey areas which now include some ulcer looking areas.
    I purchased a generic jock itch remedy which appears to helping.
    Most of the dark areas are gone and it appears I might be winning the battle but each time I wash the area with an antibacterial soap it gets angry (red and sort of bumpy.
    The ulcertive areas seem to get better and disappear only to be followed by another. The total area of infection is 1/2 the size of the palm of my hand. Also, I have one bump (3/16 inch in diameter) on the penis which has a small blister of sorts in the center and is a knot or kernal shape.
    I am 65 years old and suffer from ED so I promise I have not been with anyone other than my wife to have gotten a veneral disease.
    Should I try more OTC remedies or bite the bullet and call a doctor. I hestiate only because I have no insurance.
    davedsel57 responded:
    IMHO, you should see a doctor. This does not seem to be improving much so I think you may need medication stronger than OTC and a professional diagnosis.

    Good luck.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



    Helpful Tips

    semen color
    past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.