Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Doctors Check up
Came35 posted:
I am a 37 yr old male and have been to my general practitioner for my physicals. My question is when should I start seeing or do I need to see a urologist because I have never been to one? Also, what should o look for in a specialist.
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Came and welcome to WebMD,

Check out this WebMD article for some information while you're waiting for responses here (the article is a few pages long but well worth it):

Men's Health Tune-Up Schedule: Medical Tests
dfromspencer responded:
Hi, Came

Welcome to WebM.D.! Are you having sexual problems? Urinary tract problems? Problems with your penis, or srotum? If no, there is little reason to see an Urologist. If however, you just want reassurence, go see one. Have your P.C.P. give you a referall. Peace of mind is always best medicine.

Good luck!!!

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Usually we recommended to get a baseline prostate exam and PSA blood test starting at about age 40. To find a good urologist call your local medical society and they can refer you to somebody who was practicing in your area in good standing. Then go on to the state medical board to make sure that this doctor does not have a lot of complaints for lawsuits against them.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.