Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
The Secrets - What Do You Think?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
WebMD put together this slideshow for women:

18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew

Do you agree with them? What would you add to these?

dfromspencer responded:
Hiya, Caprice

For the most part, i do agree with them.

The only thing i want to add is, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION!!!! We men are NOT mind readers. So ladies, TELL us what you want/need. Do NOT expect us to just know, or get you because we love you. We do NOT pick up on subtle clues. We are NOT experts on body language. Tell us, and we will both be much happier!!!

Thanks Caprice, excellent question!!!
Take care.

Dennis

Sheldon Marks, MD replied to dfromspencer's response:
Man and women talk differently and so that is where the problem is. For man it is goal orientation i.e. answer the question and move to the next one.For women it's more process driven and so it's more about the give-and-take discussion that actually getting to the specific goal. But the joy and excitement of life is finding out how to blend these two together.

dfromspencer replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
Thank you, Dr. Marks, that is exactly right. A process we men don't know, and could certainly use some help with.

Any Lady's out there, that would like to help us guy's out?

Any help would really be appreciated!

D.

davedsel57 replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
I completely agree that communication is vital for any relationship and that men and women use different methods of communication.

My wife and I will be celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss next March 26, 2013. Communication has always been an integral part of our marriage. When my wife want to tell me something, she will tell the whole story and then get to the point. As I am listening I am trying to be patient, hear what she is saying, and not shout "GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!!". LOL
I start with the results or the bottom line as I call it, and then give the background.

It is just a matter of caring enough about the other person and valuing the relationship enough to work through things like this. Sometimes it is hard, but always worth the effort.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

dfromspencer replied to davedsel57's response:
You are absolutely right, Dave. Thank you!

Dennis

Helpful Tips

Dizziness while urinating
I experience dizziness when ever i am lying down or when i have to go to the bathroom?can you tell me what the problem is? More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.