Parasite??
An_249889 posted:
Hello all! ,
First of all I think everyone involved with this site is doing an amazing job and really helping people.
[br>About two months ago I returned from East Africa. About mid way through my trip I started having weird muscle spasms all over my body. These spasms don't cause pain, but are more like a pulse or twitch. Once I got home twovmonths ago I started having more of these muscle twitches. The location of these weird muscle feeling are the upper arms, legs, perineum, sometimes face and tongue. I've even had a feeling of my testicle being pulled. being pulled. I have not felt weak or even gotten sick since I've been home. I run and work out almost every day still and havent noticed any weakness. I have noticed a little pain in my anus . I alos had quite a few headaches and I never been prone to these. I'm also having trouble sleeping because the symtoms get much much worst at night. [br>[br>[br>I am a worrier at times and have been very focused on everything on my body for the last two months, but this does not feel right. [br>[br>Another friend was also with me for this trip and is having the same same symtoms .
[br>I went to doctor and he said mite be bilharzia because I swam in fresh water. He gave me medicine for a one day dose. Took medicine and symtoms improved minimally for about a week. Other than that the doctos in my area know nothing about tropical diseases.
[br>When I'm in Africa I live like a local. Eat local food every night. I shamefully ate pork almost every night. I know there is a long list of issues form uncooked pork. Specifically trichinellosis, and I know this lives in muscles. [br>[br>Not sure if it is parasite related, but I've been doing a lot of research. [br>Thanks for the posts and happy new year to all!

davedsel57 responded:
If you are looking for a diagnosis or medical advice here, that can not happen. It is both impossible and against the rules in all WebMD communities.

You will need to follow-up with your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave