Skip to content
Prostate/Testicle Pain
An_250318 posted:
I am 27 years old. About two years ago I started having pain that would go from my penis to my anus. I went to a clinic and the doctor checked my prostate and didn't see any issues, but diagnosed me with Prostatitis and gave me a prescription for Doxycycline. I took the medicine and it got rid of the issue for about 6 months.

It came back, but the pain was more intense and I started noticing that it was originating in my testicles. I went to the ER, and had an ultrasound done on them. I was told that there was some "fluid" around my right testicle and was diagnosed with epididymitis then given Cipro. The issue went away while I was taking it and now it is back, but more severe, along with frequent urination, premature ejaculation and pain in my kidneys.

I have talked to a Urologist, that prescribed Bactrim, but that didn't do a thing to alleviate the pain. He looked at the ultrasound, but said he did not know what the issue is, and said to try Ibuprofen. I am going to get my family doctor to refer me to another urologist to get a second opinion.

The pain severity on a scale of 1-10 on average is a 2, but when it gets bad, I'm almost to the point of tears.

I am just tired of being in pain, does anyone have any idea what I can do next?
justaman31178 responded:
Hello An_250318
I have been there and am having the same problem again as well. My Urologist even ordered a cat scan along with ultra sound and blood work. He said I passed all test with an A . There was nothing wrong with me that would cause me pain. I even had the fluid on the right testical. I cannot help you but would really appreciate you sharing any info you discover or should I say your Dr.
By the way, have you been tested for fibromialga? I have been, 10 years ago and some say that it can affect your testicals.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.