Skip to content
Prostate/Testicle Pain
An_250318 posted:
I am 27 years old. About two years ago I started having pain that would go from my penis to my anus. I went to a clinic and the doctor checked my prostate and didn't see any issues, but diagnosed me with Prostatitis and gave me a prescription for Doxycycline. I took the medicine and it got rid of the issue for about 6 months.

It came back, but the pain was more intense and I started noticing that it was originating in my testicles. I went to the ER, and had an ultrasound done on them. I was told that there was some "fluid" around my right testicle and was diagnosed with epididymitis then given Cipro. The issue went away while I was taking it and now it is back, but more severe, along with frequent urination, premature ejaculation and pain in my kidneys.

I have talked to a Urologist, that prescribed Bactrim, but that didn't do a thing to alleviate the pain. He looked at the ultrasound, but said he did not know what the issue is, and said to try Ibuprofen. I am going to get my family doctor to refer me to another urologist to get a second opinion.

The pain severity on a scale of 1-10 on average is a 2, but when it gets bad, I'm almost to the point of tears.

I am just tired of being in pain, does anyone have any idea what I can do next?
justaman31178 responded:
Hello An_250318
I have been there and am having the same problem again as well. My Urologist even ordered a cat scan along with ultra sound and blood work. He said I passed all test with an A . There was nothing wrong with me that would cause me pain. I even had the fluid on the right testical. I cannot help you but would really appreciate you sharing any info you discover or should I say your Dr.
By the way, have you been tested for fibromialga? I have been, 10 years ago and some say that it can affect your testicals.

Helpful Tips

Similar situation, if I may recommend Mayo Clinic – search on dercum’s disease
I can relate to your frustration! I too was in a car accident and afterward ended up with some lumps appearing on my lower back in the area ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.