Skip to content
Chest pain/pressure, difficulty deep breathing getting worse over time
squiddog posted:
About 5 years ago I started noticing 2 things. First, I felt chest pressure, like someone was pushing on my chest, which led to the 2nd thing which is that it was difficult to get a FULL DEEP breath. I could breathe normally but I had to give some real effort to expand my chest enough to take a deep breath, although I could do it.

Over time it has gotten slowly worse, now there is a daily dull pain in my chest that I feel all day, from wake up to bedtime. I can still breathe normally but that elusive deep breath, I can barely achieve anymore, sometimes I can't at all. It really feels like pressure, like someone standing on my chest. My wife says she has noticed that I started taking sharp deep breaths for no reason out of the blue, I do not really notice when I do it.

I have been examined by my family doctor several times about this, and he has ordered all sorts of tests but found nothing of consequence. I do not know the names of all the tests but I have been in huge scanners, I did oxygen tests, EKG, I did a stress test once, and the obvious office visit type tests. From online research I figure he's doing all the tests a pulmonologist would do if I were to see one.

I am a 38 year old male, in decent health other than the fact that I gained a bit of weight over this time period (from say 227 to 250) but the symptoms were already starting before the weight gain.

Can anyone suggest a course of action here? Being only 38 and feeling like my body is already on the downswing is a major bummer. My mind is always distracted by this issue. I am exercising and eating better, losing weight, but it never really felt like this was THAT, although I guess time will tell if I ever get back to a healthy weight.

Thank you for your help.

Helpful Tips

semen color
past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.