Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please help w/ideas = Hubby has high cholesterol
raerob posted:
My husband has high cholesterol. I have read some things but I am still having a difficult time meal planning for him. He works very hard and burns a lot of calories. My biggest concern is making sure he eats enough to balance out his hard work and energy.

I am finding it difficult feeding him. He is not a salad/fruit eater.He usually grabs an egg & meat sandwich in the a.m. ( fastfood ) His typical lunch is sandwiches w/mayo/cheese and he usually always chooses ham/roast beef or pastrami/liverworst/tuna fish, cottage cheese,drinks = v-8/water/gatorade. . Dinners usually, beef/chicken/hot dogs/ sometimes fast food or pizza...yeah I see the bad things he is eating as I write this.
The only thing I can do to help is change what we eat, how I cook and what I prepare for his lunches. He needs his energy. I so worry about him. He is the hardest working man I've ever known. I love him so much, I just want to take the right steps....

Does anyone know.....is beer bad for cholesterol...he is a big time beer drinker and that I can't control...but if it is, I will bring it to his attention.

Thank you for your help. Any advice/info is much appreciated.

Raphael1234 responded:
The diet is terrible. Introduce more vegtables and fruit. Yes alcohol is bad for cholesterol. Try putting him on fish oil and red yeast rice. Four red yeast per day two in morning two at night. One fish oil in the morning one at night. This helped my levels dramatically and has so far kept me from taking the cholesterol drugs. Of course I try to follow a sensible diet and somewhat splurge on the weekends. I try to walk two miles per day at least four of seven days during the week. Try to get him to drink wine instead of beer. Good luck to you and your husband.

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.