Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Flu or Meningitis? Help!!
Mphillips928 posted:
so like 3-4 days ago it was about midnight and i was just relaxing, felt fine, no big deal right? Until I stood up and realized my legs were weak and i suddenly had the chills. (flu-like weakness) Started getting a really really bad sore throat the next day (the sore throat is almost gone now though) i have alot of flem and congestion with makes me think its the flu. But after looking up meningitis symptoms, im freaking out like any normal person should. I don't have alot of neck pain. Just a little bit, but it only started hurting this morning as i would toss and turn on my pillow when i couldn't sleep (this was for about 10 hours). I also have a splitting headache everytime I cough, which i've felt before while having the flu. Got out of bed finally and my neck doesnt hurt anywhere near as bad as it did when i was in bed. All in all I just want to make sure I don't have meningitis because that sounds really scary.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.