Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Graves' Disease shaking question
DM986 posted:
Don't know if I'm in the right area but, I have Graves disease and I had an allergic reaction to the anti-thyroid meds. My doctor gave me a choice between Radioactive Iodine and surgery. I chose surgery and they gave me an appointment for May 30. I'm sure it's not for the surgery yet just a pre screening or something. My question is: Is there any way to stop myself from shaking? I can't even hold a glass half full of water without spilling it everywhere. People look at me strangely in the store or anywhere in public when I'm standing still and my legs and hands keep shaking uncontrollably. A couple people even asked if I'm on drugs. It's really annoying and embarrassing.

multipink responded:
Hello, DM986 my name is Brandi, I too found out 3months ago that I have (Graves Disease) I shake uncontrollably, people look at me, stare, Family and friends aren't use to me shaking and acting weird because I haven't always had this problem. I have my good days and bad, sometimes I feel like I' m moving but my bodies standing still as if i' m on a boat moving but not physically moving, I just don't feel like myself. There's nothing you can do about the shaking, that comes with having the Disease, sad to say. Let me know how your surgery turns out. I I wish you the best. I'm in the same situation, I have a choice to do the radiation or surgery. The medicane is starting to make me itch. I don't know which path to take as both decisions are very serious. Please keep me informed on your progress.

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.