Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Male Yeast Infection?
An_252948 posted:
It started right after a heatwave we had. I started to get really itchy on my scrotum and the skin between my genitals and rectum.
I figured it was jock itch from the heat so I started to use Lotrimin Ultra.
It helped somewhat, but not great. So I switched to the Lotrimin AF Spray that had miconazole nitrate 2%.
That has cleared pretty much all the itchiness from my scrotum, but now I have two new problems.
The crease on the right side where my groin and thigh meet has a red line down it that the skin has cracked open and burns somewhat after a shower. During the day I don't really feel it though.
But the bigger problem now is my rectum is all red, very raw and sore to the touch and burns like hell after a bowl movement.
And this morning I tried using some aloe on it and it made it burn even worse to the point I had to jump in the shower and now I also have a small swollen lump on my sphincter.
I just had a abscess drained about 1.5months ago and have had some issues with anal fissures, so my one guess is the swelling is due to the irritation of the fissure.
But the redness and burning sensation on my rectum is leading me to believe I may have a yeast infection that started on my scrotum and spread to the crease in my thigh and now my rectum.
I have some pure miconazole nitrate 2% cream and coconut oil arriving in the mail this afternoon to see if that will help.
I unfortunately have to go away for a few days and don't have time to see a doctor until I get back.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Right now I don't even feel the raw rash on my crease in my groin, but my rectum has a slightly burning sensation and it feels like liquid is secreting.
Any help or words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

chuckishere responded:
A friend had some of what you write about. The MD ordered a 30g tube of Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream. All clear in about three days! However, it is not a cheap cream even from TARO generic.

Normster2 replied to chuckishere's response:
Yeah, the Triamcinilone cream works quite well for those sort of infections.

Normster2 responded:
You could see a doctor and he might prescribe Traimcinolone Acetonide ointment or maybe Hydrocortisone Iodoquinol cream for the genital areas,and maybe try witch hazel on a disposable wipe for the butt area.But see a doctor before it's too late!

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.