Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Spermatocele or testicular torsion concerns
AHintOfOregano posted:
I recently discovered a lump on the top of my left testicle (I'm not sure if it's on my right testicle too). It doesn't seem to be directly attached to the testicle although I'm not totally certain if it is or isn't. And I'm not feeling any heaviness, pain or discomfort. I looked at a diagram and am not sure whether it is just the head of the epididymis or if it's something else like Testicular Cancer, Testicular torsion, or a Spermatocele. Can someone please help me?
sluggo45692 responded:
I can tell you it's not a torsion. A torsion is just that, a twisting of the cords and testical. It's extremely painful. Only a Dr with the proper testing can tell you if it's a spermatocele or Cancer. If you don't have insurance, check with a county health clinic. Good luck

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.