Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Health issue with kidney, chest
elbroom7 posted:
I am a 28year old 6'3 230lb male who exercises. I was running a few miles and i pretty much collapsed at the 1 mile mark. I was taken to an ER where I was given a EKG and had my blood drawn. My EKG came back ok but my blood had elevated kidney levels. I had a follow up today Where I was told I had low blood pressure 100/37 (which they said is too low) a heart rate of 90BPM and had protein in my urine. I have urinated blood in the past not recently and I occasionally have blood in my stool. I am constantly thirsty no matter how much water I drink and I have sudden sharp pain right underneath my left part of my body by my ribs. I even have the same pain in the same location when I yawn. I have more labs in a couple of days they told me not to run until I see a cardiologist. Does anybody have any input or have the same issues that I have?

davedsel responded:
Hello.

I am not a doctor but two of your symptoms did stand out to me. I wanted to comment based on my own health experiences.

Frequent thirst is often a symptom of Diabetes. As part of you lab work make sure you have a fasting blood sugar test as well as a test called an HBA1C. These two tests indicate how your body is utilizing insulin to regulate blood glucose levels.

The sudden sharp pain underneath the left part of you body by your ribs could indicate problems with your gall bladder. Those are similar symptoms I had and then had to have my gall bladder removed.

Holding off running would be a good idea until you get an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan from your doctor.

I pray you find answers and relief soon.

sam1985 replied to davedsel's response:
I think if it is to do with some health issues with kidney, it can be serious, but if you get this detected in its early stages and get a proper treatment, it will definitely help you to increase the life of your kidney!! In Your case i would recommend you to kindly have blood test, urine test and blood pressure check up immediately.

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.