Skip to content
Pain in my side
aeterna85 posted:
Hello everyone, I was curious about an issue I've been having.

I'm overweight and I tend to come to the worst conclusions when it comes to my health sometimes, so when I one night yawned and stretched my arms above my head and felt a sharp pain in my right side approximately six inches to the right of and a little below my bellybutton, I was a tad worried about something serious like a hernia.

That worry was compounded with the fact that I was still very sore in the morning. It wasn't a constant pain, more of a sharp pain every once in a while. I've still got pain there every now and then but the level of pain seems to diminish. Could it maybe have just been a muscle that was strained is now healing?

If it gets worse I'll tell you guys, but what do you all think? I didn't go to the doctor because I've no health insurance and the pain -has- been slowly diminishing, though I was first hurt Saturday night just before going to bed, and felt the sharp pains still Sunday (now being Thursday 1:33 am).

sluggo45692 responded:
Sounds like a pulled muscle. Once the pain is gone, start stretching some. Start slowly and continue. If you start one thing the next thing you know it might help you increase activity. The more you do the less it will hurt you. Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Dizziness while urinating
I experience dizziness when ever i am lying down or when i have to go to the bathroom?can you tell me what the problem is? More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.