Skip to content
Obese male
Anon_40480 posted:
I'm actually posting this on behalf of my husband, whom I am very worried about. He is very obese (over 300 lbs). He carries all of his weight in his stomach - like a huge beer belly but he doesn't drink alcohol. Also, his stomach is very hard. It does not jiggle, as some large stomachs do. He refuses to see a doctor and has cancer in his family history (he's never been diagnosed). Can someone give an idea why his abdomen is so hard?

sluggo45692 responded:
I'm not over 300, but I'm just under 300. If most of his weight is in his belly and it's hard, He needs to see a dr. As you already stated one concern is cancer, but another is liver disease. It can cause fluid build up in the belly and cause it to be hard. You don't have to drink alcohol to have a beer belly or liver disease. If he still refuses to see a doctor, ask him to see the funeral director of his choice. I'm 50 and my family also has a history of cancer (dad has intestinal cancer) I had my first colonoscopy 3 years ago and going again this year. I want to hear and see my grandchildren. Not have them hear stories about me. Good Luck

asaa_74 replied to sluggo45692's response:
I cannot thank you enough for your reply. I will talk to him this weekend (again). Hopefully he will listen this time. Many blessings to you!

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.