Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Obese male
    Anon_40480 posted:
    I'm actually posting this on behalf of my husband, whom I am very worried about. He is very obese (over 300 lbs). He carries all of his weight in his stomach - like a huge beer belly but he doesn't drink alcohol. Also, his stomach is very hard. It does not jiggle, as some large stomachs do. He refuses to see a doctor and has cancer in his family history (he's never been diagnosed). Can someone give an idea why his abdomen is so hard?
    sluggo45692 responded:
    I'm not over 300, but I'm just under 300. If most of his weight is in his belly and it's hard, He needs to see a dr. As you already stated one concern is cancer, but another is liver disease. It can cause fluid build up in the belly and cause it to be hard. You don't have to drink alcohol to have a beer belly or liver disease. If he still refuses to see a doctor, ask him to see the funeral director of his choice. I'm 50 and my family also has a history of cancer (dad has intestinal cancer) I had my first colonoscopy 3 years ago and going again this year. I want to hear and see my grandchildren. Not have them hear stories about me. Good Luck
    asaa_74 replied to sluggo45692's response:
    I cannot thank you enough for your reply. I will talk to him this weekend (again). Hopefully he will listen this time. Many blessings to you!

    Helpful Tips

    semen color
    past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.