Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cuddling is causing shoulder pain
JazzcatME posted:
My wife likes to cuddle with me by laying her head on my left shoulder. I love cuddling with her but lately I've been experiencing increasingly worse pain in my shoulder when she does this. I've had to ask her to stop, which is not what either of us wants. Does anyone know how we can continue cuddling like this, but without the shoulder pain?

sluggo45692 responded:
I have the same problem, plus a pinched nerves in should and neck. Couple of things to do: 1) change sides. about once a week change sides of the bed and give your shoulder a rest. It beats stopping.
2) have her move lower to your chest or on to your arm more. Moving places the pressure affects will decrease the pain and soreness.
3) OTC pain meds(non steroidal anti-inflammitory) 1/2 hr before bed can help some.
4) change cuddling positions. Spoon her or just hold hands a couple nites a week.
What ever you do, don't stop cuddling. I know I've had my hand and arm go to sleep with her on my should, but I would never stop.

Helpful Tips

sex talk
my bf and i can't have sex together. he can get an erection but he can't ejaculate. for long time i thought it was me but with on going ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.