Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Tetosterone Thearapy
An_205495 posted:
I am a 54 year old male. At age 18 I contracted spinal meingitus and the mumps and this left me sterile. My sex drive almost does not exhist, I do not have the energy I should, it becomes hard to stay focused at times and I have been this way since I was about 30.
I have read about Tetosterone Therapy, would this improve my situation????
Was this Helpful?
9 of 18 found this helpful
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Chances are the mumps infections killed both testicles and so eliminated your future fertility and testosterone production. Yes, absolutely you would see dramatic improvement in so many aspects of your life with testosterone replacement therapy. You should go see an endocrinologist and urologist, where they will get some basic hormone levels and start you on testosterone therapy. I am certain you will be quite happy and surprised how good you feel and how this will improve your world. Good luck.
bobbyj21 replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
would this help me? i have had multiple back surgeries and i have no energy.
Sheldon Marks, MD replied to bobbyj21's response:
Testosterone therapy is helpful for only some people who have a real need such as from an imbalance, such as too high and estrogen and or too low a testosterone. Chronic pain an kill energy, give you chronically elevated cortisone levels (which is not good) and this is best handled by getting rid of the pain. I suggest you see a urologist for evaluation and to talk about options.
jaramia replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
I would like to know if there is other options for pain after back surgery
jaramia replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
With testosterone therapy dose this cause hot swets.night or day , I have to set in front of a fan to cool down,it desen't matter if I'm standing still or involved in any activitys.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.