Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Help for paraphimosis!
    N2art posted:
    My husband woke with a painful penis 2 days ago that was swollen abnormally. He saw his primary yesterday that prescibed steroids and hydrocortisone cream. The doctor said it was probably an allergic reaction. When it wasn't getting better and it was actually getting worse last night, I researched the net and discovered that it was Paraphimosis which is considered a medical emergency! I didn't know whether to take him to the emergency room or wait to see if the meds worked. If one finds themselves or their partner in this prediciment... Apply a hydocortisone cream, wrap in Glad wrap and then wrap tightly (as is comfortable) with an ace bandage. This worked for us. The swelling diminished considerably, not to mention his discomfort. He is much better this morning. I hope this helps others!
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 25 found this helpful
    Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
    Though better this still needs to be seen by a urologist and ASAP. If you cant get in then go to an ER. The problem is the foreskin is pulled back and swells up. If not pulled back into normal position the swelling and pain will return.

    Helpful Tips

    Discharge from Penis(Penile Discharge)
    Penile discharge is the abnormal loss of fluid that is not urine or semen from the urethra (urine tube) at the tip of the penis. It is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.