Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
What kind of work do you do? Does it make you happy?
BuddyFavor posted:
Guys,
I am always interested in the kind of different jobs people have and if they enjoy what they do. Please share what type of work you do and if you like it? What else would you like to do if you could change?

Contemplating19 responded:
I'm an LPN, and whereas I was looking forward to becoming a NP specializing in Mental Health I have now bumped that up to becoming a Psychatrist. Lots of schooling left, but I'm looking forward to it.

I do enjoy being an LPN, however I can handle patient with Mental Helath issues with much more compassion than those with strictly MedSurge illnesses. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm constantly being pulled to the Mental Health aspect and have decided to work on the Psych Units at the hospital I work at. Since I was still under contract on a MedSurge floor I will have to wait until October before it's up. Then I can go to one of the Psych Units.

So far... the only thing I would change is going FTS Navy instead of Reserve. And I would've pushed 100%, 24/7 to get through my schooling.

zoom1969 responded:
I've been in the hotel industry for 15 years! I've met some really awesome people over the years. Have made some really great friendships with people from all walks of life. As I've gotten older sometimes I think it would be great to work in some type of office with a laid back atmosphere and steady hours. I have quite a few friends that are musicians and airline pilots. Wouldn't mind maybe having one of those occupations because they travel everywhere around the world and seem to love what they do!

Commando14 responded:
Like many people in Michigan , I worked in the automotive industry for many years. The old ad campaign "This is not your father's Oldsmobile" can certainly be applied to the new improved auto industry. To think that it could possibly change so much in so short of a time was once unfathomable. I have now moved on and am in a diffferent type of work, albeit far less rewarding financially, I find that I once again look forward to going to work in th emornings

texas7t replied to Commando14's response:
when I tell people what I do... they can't believe it. and while working.. the girls cant believe im gay.. I am me.. Not a title.. just me..
work as a flight attendant. but not into the gay scene.. live far away from the gay area.. ..
I am who I am, that is all I will ever be. Texas7t

jsisu replied to Commando14's response:
Commando:
What kind of work do you do at this time? I find myself getting up in the mornings and not knowing what I will be doing. Weird after 44 years of getting up and going/doing.

john-skpt responded:
I design websites. It can be fun, but it is very solitary work, usually just me a couple of computers. I have a part time gig representing local winemakers, doing tastings, talking about the wines, the vineyards, etc. That one makes almost zero money but it does get me out of the house and let's me interact with different groups of people now and then.

jsisu replied to john-skpt's response:
John-SKPT: I know I could not even begin to do anything around computers, but would enjoy your part time gig doing tastings, and talking about wines, vineyards and meeting people of all sorts. Sounds great! The tasting part would be a little more than I could handle, however. Alcohol an me do not agree. The people and talking part would be right up my alley.

Str8curious responded:
I am a Process Engineer for an Aerospace company; I have been here for about 20 plus yrs. I love my job, although it can be stressful at times with need to meet certain dead lines. I would not change a thing.

Jagmen responded:
I'm an english teacher here in my country. I'm from Nicaragua. And the better part is learning. Yes, I learn as I teach.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I`m married to a wonderful lady that allows me to be myself and accepts the fact that I have deep homosexual roots. I dress daily as a woman and I`m c...More

Helpful Tips

Kindly help me
Dear Sir/Madam Iam suffering from below symptoms from past 4.5 yrs 1. After wake up from bed at early morning a. Slight shivering in ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.