Skip to content

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
question about using the sauna after the gym
mark_daniel posted:
After working out at the gym, I often like to spend a few minutes in the sauna before showering and heading out. If I'm trying to build lean muscle, is this something that might be detrimental to that? I'm male, early to mid 30s, in good physical shape with a low body fat percentage.

Any other tips for using the sauna? What are the tangible benefits, if any? How much time should I be in there for?

zoom1969 responded:
Saunas are actually really good for you if you don't overdue it! Maybe no more than 20 to 30 minutes at a time... The best 2 things about the sauna is that it releases a lot of toxins from your body and helps with sore muscles... It makes you really relaxed! It will help someone that is overweight lose a little weight just from the sweating and releasing of toxins from the body. It won't effect your muscle mass like losing or gaining muscle. I have sat in the sauna after a good night of drinking to release some toxins. Gets rid of the poisons! Definitley keep hydrated also... Make sure you drink ample amounts of water through the day! And also according to some of the guys on these boards you can make new friends also...lol...

mark_daniel replied to zoom1969's response:
thanks zoom. yes, i really enjoy using the sauna, it feels good to sweat it out for a bit after a good workout, and then a cool shower.

and while i haven't ever been in a sauna and experienced or seen anything "extra curricular", i have definitely gotten hit on a few times.

gq12 replied to mark_daniel's response:
I love the sauna/steam room after a workout. You may lose some water weight but this is just temporary due to sweating. I agree the release of toxins is healthy.

I also love the sauna to get in some naked time in a semi-public place with other guys. Sometimes I just enjoy sitting there while other times I am a little more adventurous and look for someone to jerk with.

mark_daniel replied to gq12's response:
take it that your gym has a nude steam room? i wish my gym was like that, or gave you the option to choose to cover up.

one of the gyms i went to years ago did that, but it seems like most gyms today require you to cover up.

The gym I belong to has a location with a sauna in the mens locker room, but the others have everything in the co-ed pool area. My preference is to use the facilities naked, but I wear a suit in the co-ed areas since its a must. I have still been able to have some "fun" when it is quiet or just a few guys in the sauna/steamroom!!

well my gym has the sauna located in the men's locker room area, but i think the gym policy is that there's no nudity allowed. most guys wear just a towel, some wear their workout shorts, but no one is ever just naked.

what kind of guys tend to use the sauna at your gym? it seems like there's not that many guys my age and younger that use it at my gym.

are you guys involved in the new group that a few guys from here setup? it seems like there's still not a lot of activity on here.

My gym with the sauna in the mens locker room will have guys in shorts, swim suits and towels. Some (rare) will go in naked. I will go in with a towel to site on and I usually leave it open/off me but other times I'll loosely wrap myself.

The other gym with the co-ed area would be a wild naked romp if allowed. There are always guys trying to show off.

What gym do you belong to Mark?

go to LA fitness, what about you? where in south florida are you, miami?

texas7t replied to mark_daniel's response:
most are a hit n miss. dont like the co ed too much.. just like the showers.. some times you never know what will pop up.
I am who I am, that is all I will ever be. Texas7t

My gym is Ballys. The older ones has all the facilites in the lockerroom, so it was great. Now all the newer and remodeled ones have them in the pool or common areas.

I've read that the LA Fitness here in S Fla (Miami) is a big hook up spot. Is yours low key in Orlando?

used to go to bally's before LA Fitness, but it was an older facility and it didn't seem like they had updated anything in a long time. And I got a great discount at LAF through work which made the price about the same I was paying at Bally's, so it was a no brainer to switch over.

As far as LAF being a big hook up spot, I think it varies from one location to the next. I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary at the one I go to.

I think it also depends on the time of day. My gyms have been really quiet lately. When I go in there are virtually no young guys in the sauna/steam room.

when you come up to visit orlando, i can get you a guest pass for my gym and we can go work out.

deal. And after the workout, we can take a steam and sauna!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Briefly: 43, gay geek, out since age 13; a multiple-organ transplant at 39, living a quiet life and I like it that way. Love to cook, and grow edible ...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems in Men
Many men have sexual problems. They become more common as men age. Problems can include Erectile dysfunction Reduced or lost ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.