Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Low Testosterone in Males.....
Intrepid2180 posted:
I am in my very early thirties and am married to the love of my life. Unfortunately over the past few years I have been experiencing less energy to do things with my family and less sexual desire for my wife. This is obviously an issue and just seems that no matter what I do I have no desire. I see the commercials about LOW T and such but makes comments about being 45 and older. My question is can someone in their early thirties develops this low testosterone issue? Plan on going to the doctor next week anyway just needed some insight on this medical issue.

HairyD responded:
2180, See the doctor. Request a testicle exam and T test.
A male testicles can stop produce testosterone at any age. Please advise other male on this site what you doctor said and any results after the treatment.

Intrepid2180 replied to HairyD's response:
I am seeing my doctor next week. I guess I have to fast for 24 hours before my test and I would rather do it on one of my days off to do it. I just hope that it may be they answer since I have noticed my hair has been thinning really bad lately (which is one of many issues that happen with low testosterone levels) would really love to get out of the "funk" I am in and I am sure my wife would like me to get back to my original self. Thanks again.

LotusHeart replied to Intrepid2180's response:
There is an easy trick to building up your testosterone: sports. I know you're in a funk and you probably have low energy, but try to get to a gym and do some weight lifting - squats and pull downs are the best ones that produce the most testosterone. That is a sure way to fire up your testosterone circuits. Jogging is also a good way to get circulation going back into your groin.

But do make sure to visit a doctor to check if there are any other real issues.

You might also want to check with an acupuncturists. They have a lot of herbs that will restore circulation and make you feel like you're 18 again. Warning: the Chinese herbs are very potent and will make you horny. You can also go to a general chinese herbalist and ask for "Chinese Prostate Pills", they will get your circulation going around your groin and will restore the vitality of all your reproductive organs.

ChevyDudeNYC replied to LotusHeart's response:
Guys, low testosterone does not cause thinning hair. And playing sports will not increase your testosterone. Testosterone is produced by the testes. Herbs and accupuncture will not help.Our hormones are a complex chemical secretion that is dependent on a lot of other processes in the body. After the appropriate urological and endocrine exam and blood tests, the doctor will probably prescribe a testosterone gel that is applied daily. It works but requires follow-up. By the way, thinning hair on the head is caused by the conversion of testosterone to dihydro-testosterone (DHT) , which inhibits hair follicle activity. Thinning hair is caused by testosterone, not the lack of it. But body hair may be thicker once testosterone RX kicks in. This is all science, not folk medicine. Testicles don't stop producing testosterone as we age, but it does drop off somewhat. Circulation to the groin, like Lotusheart suggests, will not increase your T levels. Where so you guys get this stuff? Intrepid, please rtalk to your physician and have your T levels checked.

LotusHeart replied to ChevyDudeNYC's response:
ChevyDudeNYC, you might want to check the facts. Testicles are not the only thing producing testosterone. See http://www.livestrong.com/article/278738-how-do-i-create-more-testosterone-naturally/?utm_source=popslideshow&utm_medium=a1.

Also, increasing circulation around the groin does in fact improve testosterone levels It's called basic logic. If there isn't adequate blood flow to the testes, how are they supposed to adequately produce testosterone?

It's also well known that athletes produce more testosterone, and weight lifting is one common way to keep testosterone levels high as you get older. These things have been measured.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a guy who is learning everyday. I grew up in stuffy home, so like many I explored sexuality when I left. Im still exploring and finding new things ...More

Helpful Tips

Premature Ejaculation Cure FOCUS Tip #1
The MOST important aspect of permanently curing premature ejaculation is your FOCUS. If you spend too much time enjoying the feelings in ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.