Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Waiting for Morning Wood to Subside
gymrat44 posted:
One time I had an odd surprise while waiting for morning wood to subside to the point where I could pee. I had my bathroom downstairs off the TV room and just before a small bedroom I had made into a weight room. My wife had the bedroom upstairs besides the bathroom she used.

It was early, the alarm went off and I had to get up. I was groggy, barely conscious and stumbled out of bed in the darkness to head downstairs -- going pee was number one on my agenda as I really needed to go. Being a nude sleeper I was nude and I also had a major erection which at the moment didn't interest me in the slightest. When I got to the toilet I found peeing to be physically impossible -- couldn't even point at the toilet to begin with. So I decided while waiting for my hard-on to go away I would slip into the next room and do a few bench-presses to pass the time.

So I did about four slow and steady regular heavy weight presses. But as I began the fifth rep I got the barbell about halfway up when I felt a sudden weakness overcome me, making me struggle to complete elevating the bar. And at the same moment I felt a large plop of semen land on my abdomen - what a surprise! I looked down and saw that my erection was starting to fade. My penis was still dripping slightly and I could swear that it was looking smug as if to say, "OK, I've gotten what I need, you can go pee, now!"

Since then I've learned that some of the abdominal muscular contractions done during a bench press are similar to those done leading up to a regular ejaculation. My body was ready/in need and I had unintentionally accommodated it. Our bodies are amazing and continue to bring surprises -- some of them nice ones like this one. I never had an orgasm by benchpress again but I am prepared to be surprised sometime by something else.

Any of you guys have something similar happen?
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bj102364 responded:
When I was a teenager any exercise that caused my abdominal muscles to contract hard such as pushups, situps, and such would cause me to have an orgasm/ejaculation.

gymrat44 replied to bj102364's response:
Interesting -- and how did you handle it in gym class if you had to do pushups, situps or some other exercise causing abdominal exertion? Or did you save that activity for your own enjoyment?

I can see where it could be a problem in a group exercise situation!

bj102364 replied to gymrat44's response:
I had to be careful to stop when I felt an orgasm coming on. Usually I would stuff my jock strap with toilet paper to help absorb any "accidents" I may have. Which happened from time to time, but nobody ever knew it happened. Climbing the rope was something I never did. I just acted like I couldn't do it. The motion of pulling myself up like that caused instant orgasms. Also climbing onto a dock from the lake did it all the time.

You said this happened as a teenager; have you stopped having these reactions as you have grown older? And if so, do you miss them? I can see while they could be a problem, they also could be kind of fun! It's hard to think of a bad orgasm although some can be inconvenient sometimes. Or, like the one I described at the start of this chain, a total surprise. Thanks for your insights!

I had them into my twenties but haven't had them lately. I'm 47 now. Also doing back extensions on a roman chair was probably the last time I had it happen. It might happen now if I did that. My wife and I have sex at least every other day so this probably keeps me from getting an orgasm backlog that has to be released. I'm not as sexually sensitive as I used to be. This isn't a bad thing though. In my early twenties I would ejaculate upon penetration. Now I can go for as long as I like.

This morning I was doing planks and side planks and definitely got a buzz down there. When I was done I felt like I was almost to orgasm. If I had held out on the planks a few minutes longer it probably would have happened, but that's not exactly what I would want to happen at Anytime Fitness.

LotusHeart replied to bj102364's response:
I discovered the wonderful "coregasm" at a rather young age, in 3rd grade gym during the rope climb. When I reached the top, my whole body suddenly went into contractions as an amazingly delicious sensation radiated out from my groin into my whole body. I can still vividly remember the first time it happened. I had no idea it was an orgasm. But from that day on, I made sure to find a pole to climb at least once a day. It only worked about once per day or else I would have been at it far more.

Eventually, I figured out that doing pull ups brought about the same feeling, all I had to do was to add leg raises while doing the pull ups, and usually, by the 9th or 10th pull up, the magic happened. Of course, the orgasms were dry orgasms until around 13 or so. From doing all these pull ups I developed very nice biceps, and of course, even to this day, my biceps are a very erotic turn on for me.

In fact, when I did finally start weight lifting in high school, pretty much any exercise would get me close to that feeling, but I avoided the orgasm, since once I would get an orgasm, the work out would be over, I would go limp. Lifting was a total sexual turn on for me as a teenager, and I would usually go home and savor my pump in the mirror, flexing and masturbating to the beautiful image of a ripped muscular teenager body.

I eventually quit doing it because of shame around it thanks to the fundamentalist church I went to at the time, where some horrible s%$t happened and a crappy pastor put fear in me and told me masturbation makes you gay. Yes, I was young and impressionable at the time, and there are tons of a$$h@@s who take advantage of that. Being into muscles is very confusing if you subscribe to the black and white straight-gay boxes lie.

But I eventually clued into the fact that the fundamentalists are a bunch of lying fear mongers, and I also threw out the straight/gay box view of the world. I frankly hate the homophobia instilled by the fundamentalist puritans in this country. I am free to live on that part of the sexual spectrum where nature has me be, and everyone else should be as well.

I was posting about the whole erotic gym experience at http://forums.webmd.com/3/mens-sexual-issues/forum/373. The "Arnold Schwarzenegger pump" feeling is what I experience in the gym too, and it keeps me motivated to work out. I try to avoid the coregasm at the gym, it's too distracting, but the sexual overtones are still there. I do have a pull up bar at home, and given the right circumstance, wow, talk about a delicious feeling. The coregasm is actually a whole body orgasm, meaning it starts in the prostate, but it radiates throughout your body, it's quite intense, hence the inability to continue working out afterwards.

Pull ups are still the most intense coregasm producer for me, but I am pretty strong, so it takes more than 25 for me to get there. I can get them from dips as well, and leg extensions or leg curls. I've never fully orgasmed at the gym simply because I don't want to deal with the mess, and it's not conducive to a good workout. But that feeling of pump is awesome.

Thanks BJ102364 for pointing me to this thread, and thanks to the rest of the folks on this board for your posts. May we all be free and comfortable to be wherever we are on the sexual spectrum.

hairyd replied to LotusHeart's response:
Lotusheart, I always fully orgasmed at the gym at the end of a good workout. The feeling of the full body is awesome. After milking the shaft in the locker room or gym shower I deal with the mess in the gym shower with my sweat. I am in a room with men; there is no issue. They have the same body therefore fully understands what I am doing. Sometimes other male are enjoying the same experiences.

bj102364 replied to LotusHeart's response:
I haven't heard many guys admit to getting orgasms from working out. Somebody ought to do a poll to find out how common it is.

Time and place seem to start impacting our subconscious minds early on. I remember back when I started working out with weights over 50 years ago I'd train both at the school's weight room on some days and then at home with my own barbell on others. There was no sexual stimulation at school -- but at home I'd find that by the end of my work-out I'd start to get hard and would have the webbed pattern of my jockstrap pouch embedded into the skin of my penis when I took my jock off. And before showering I'd be sure to masturbate -- what else would a teen-ager do with a hard-on?

I'd never really thought of it before but it's rather interesting that I would regularly become physically aroused by a solitary at-home work-out; but somehow my subconscious kept my dick in check when I was with my buds at school. Now I can't say that a workout in itself ever caused me to ejaculate as a teen-ager but now I'm thinking that if I had worked out hard enough or long enough it well could have happened since I think I was well on the right road for that to happen. Too bad I can't go back to those years and give my theory a try!

When I was younger it was like ten sit up and then ejaculation. With the rope climb it was like instant. No erection necessary. The only way I could prevent it was to stop the exercise immediately when it started to feel it come.

LotusHeart replied to gymrat44's response:
Gymrat44, I have the exact same thing, I usually have much less of a tendency to get boners at the gym with other folks around, and I would not feel comfortable masturbating at the gym either. But I'll get a boner in a private shower stall, especially when I get to soap up those pumped muscles, yet no way this would happen in a common shower. As for working out at home, oh yes, that's a most definite turn on, and can be quite sexual.

Now I do get the hint of the coregasm at the gym depending on the exercise, and I may get a semi-boner from it, but as a whole, I really prefer the erotic aspects of exercise to be with myself in my own private setting. I remember doing a group circle jerk once when I was a really young teenager, and I couldn't even get a boner. So perhaps I am just not enough of an exhibitionist.

LotusHeart replied to bj102364's response:
BJ, how did you manage to work out at all? I used to have trouble with pull ups, but I could just manage to let the tingle be there and get past it without having a full orgasm. Because if I did have an orgasm, I would not have the strength to go on.

Nowadays I can do about 25 pull ups before I start to get into the erogenous zone. (16 1/2 inch arms thanks to all that pulling over the years) I do remember in college once I did leg extensions at the gym and almost exploded in my pants. I had to stop. Dips will work if I do leg lifts at the same time. So there is some connection to the legs as well.

bj102364 replied to LotusHeart's response:
I think it has something to do with tensing of the lower abdominal muscles. It doesn't happen to me any more except maybe a little buzz. I'd have to say that it was kind of a relief when I became able to workout without ejaculating.

One reason I think it no longer happens, besides the fact that I am 47, is that my wife and I have our own "workouts" every day or two and this keeps down the need to ejaculate. If I went a week or two without sex then I can imagine the exercise orgasms might happen again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

If you want to know my story, email me. Stev1022@ymail.com

Helpful Tips

Men's Sexual Issues - and the Task at Hand
In my experience men's sexual issues go hand in hand with them worrying too much about the workings of their penis. The more worried they ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.