Skip to content

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
How do your describe your physical self?
jrocker85 posted:
If there is anyone out there reading these posts anymore you'll notice it's quite dead lately.
I was reading the one post that most of us have participated in.
The one measure of ourselves we find most important, our manhood. And seeing how average we are I was wondering what to say if I was asked to describe myself physically.
I'd start with my size, I'm average height 5'11 wish to be taller, medium build I'd say on the smaller side say 42 reg/33w about 175lbs I say smaller because I go to the gym and by those standards I am on the smaller side, outside I'm am average to leaner built. I stay in shape by hitting the gym regularly. I'm fair with light eyes/skin that needs protection and I am envious of olive complections that don't burn like I do.
Would like to hear from others to see what they would say to the same question.

gq12 responded:
Wow jrocker, I am very close to what you have put down for yourself! I am maybe 5'10" 170 and have a 32" waist, but also light complection, light eyes and hair going white/grey so it is lighter than it was 5 years ago.

gymrat44 replied to gq12's response:
I'm fairly big but not really beefy -- about 6 foot one, 195 lb (working on getting back to 185), chest 43 waist 36. Body fat about 18%, working to get that lower also. Hit the gym regularly and work-out at home on some off days -- important to get the whole body feeling good and keeping it that way.

Have short silver hair on my head, salt and pepper mix on chest and elsewhere. Medium complexion. Feel myself to be athletic to the point that my body is my buddy, a good friend who gets me up and going in the morning wanting to do stuff even when the me-part wants to keep on sleeping!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

jrocker85 replied to gymrat44's response:
That sounds about standard for a guy 6'1, but good luck working on the 10 lbs. I would like to gain 5 to 10lbs overall and the gym I use close to home just bought a ballys close by to my work so I can go during my lunch and I think it's showing.

gymrat44 replied to jrocker85's response:
Hey, good to hear that your efforts are showing! That's always a good feeling.

I'm in the last week of a book's course "Seven Weeks to 100 Push-ups," the goal of the graded exercises (starting from a level you test for at the outset) being your being able to do 100 P/Us in one non-stop set. I'm only up to 60 right now but feel and see improvement in pecs, triceps and a little in the delts. Every couple of days when I shave (at the gym right after my work-out) I can see some new contours in the mirror -- makes it worth the effort. (And if gaining some muscle is slowing my weight loss, so be it. One thing at a time).
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

wilburthecat replied to gymrat44's response:
Got very ill a few years ago, ended up with severe diabetes.

Dropped from a very overweight 225 down to 145 in three months. Finally gained 5 pounds back and settled at 150 for about three years. Waist line was 30" and I was 5'9", so looked pretty scrawny.

Figured 165 would be a good weight so drank Ensure and ate all the time. Didn't change a thing. Diabetes actually cleared up and I was finally able to reach 165, but sailed right past it to about 175.

Working now on getting back to 165, trying to get my waist from 35 to a 32 and stablize there.

Age is 51, still have all the hair on my head so something positive anyhow, just working on my weight now.

Got ill a few months ago, played couch potato for a few weeks, and wow you want to gain weight, just sit on your ass for while. I gained 10 pounds in less than a week. I was actually being careful about my diet, but with no activity, it stays with you. And just like you always hear, it's a hell of a lot harder to get rid of it than it is to gain it.

Now that the weather is improving starting some aerobics along with the weights so hopefully in a few months will be where I want to be.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Briefly: 43, gay geek, out since age 13; a multiple-organ transplant at 39, living a quiet life and I like it that way. Love to cook, and grow edible ...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems in Men
Many men have sexual problems. They become more common as men age. Problems can include Erectile dysfunction Reduced or lost ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.