Skip to content

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
What % of testosterone cream?
shipo3 posted:
Hi,
I'm a 57 year old male and have just received the results of my blood test for free testosterone levels, my doctor suggests my level is fine "For my age"..According to my research a free level of between 21-26.5 is recommended, mine is 9 which in my opinion is way too low? I had a PSA blood test today and if that's fine he's willing to write me a script. I'd basically like to know what percentage bio-identical testosterone cream would do the trick in raising my levels to the desired..Would 5% be enough in the long run? 10%? My doctor is limited in his knowledge of hormone replacement so I'd really appreciate any suggestions on what level I should ask him to prescribe.I'll be having a cream made up by a compounding chemist.

Gary0329 responded:
At your age, be careful of using testosterone supplementations. Any sign of prostate cancer can be accelerated by upping testosterone levels.

shipo3 replied to Gary0329's response:
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply, I intend to have regular check ups every 6 weeks for prostate and also keep a close eye on estradiol levels just to make sure I'm not converting testosterone to estrogen.

AceofTexas responded:
I have had testicular cancer (had it at 38, I am now 42). With your level, if your doctor would put you on a 5% dose of Testim, you would be ok. The only problem with the creams or gels is that the base that the use often can cause an irritation. Just make sure your doctor keeps on top of you blood levels because of prostate cancer and liver damage.

shipo3 replied to AceofTexas's response:
Hi Ace, I too had testicular cancer when I was 23, I had the testicle removed and 4 weeks of radium which was quite antiquated back in the early 80's. What treatment did you have( chemo)?
I've been on the 5% bio identical testo cream for some 10 weeks now, I feel great and have no signs of irritation ( I've been rubbing it into the back of my arms) but my last blood test was a disappointment. My testo level has actually dropped? My liver was showing slight signs of being not normal although nothing serious and my estrogen levels have risen. I'll have another blood test in 7 weeks and I'm hoping things have settled and improved.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married for 15 years, with one child. I am fascinated by breasts and vaginas, especially my hot wife's (she's still amazing and physically at...More

Helpful Tips

Men's Sexual Issues - and the Task at Hand
In my experience men's sexual issues go hand in hand with them worrying too much about the workings of their penis. The more worried they ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.