Skip to content

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Nude time
broman323 posted:
I have heard a lot of discussion about being open with your body, and having solid bonding by not being shy about nudity. Growing up, I was never really open about being nude. I am uncircumcised and have always been self conscious about that. I guess this hindered my nude experiences. I have though about these posts and wonder... Is it normal to want to spend some time nude with other guys? It is not a sexual thing for me, I think I might just be trying to make up for lost time. I have never had an experience like circle jerking or even just being nude (around my dad or other close relatives.) Does anyone have advice or want to share their stories?

hairyd responded:
The word normal has alot of meanings to differant boys.
To me it is not normal to WANT to spend nude time will other guys. But it is normal for me to spend a alot of time naked with males.
Other guys may tell you differant. But from my experiences if you did not circle jerk with friends in high school or college. Or you do not have friends in college now you may not be able to make up for lost time. The men that I know that as older adults still circle jerk. Enjoy it has a sexual thing. I am not into the Brokeback Mountain life style.
Have you considered a weekend trip with your father or a close relative?
Other men are going to look at your penis. But unless they are your Friends they are not gone to laugh at how huge it is; etc. I've had men I did know make comments, but not laughing. The same would be for not be cut.
Do not be shy about let it hang out. Be a man not modest like a female.

gymrat44 responded:
Yeah, it is perfectly normal to want to be nude with other guys. It's a time of relaxation, trust and being part of a group. It is a time of celebration of our shared maleness -- maybe that's sexual, maybe it isn't, it just is. My 'nude hour' in the morning after my workout at the gym in the steam room, sauna and showers is one of the most relaxing parts of the day and I look forward to seeing the guys there. It's a time to be comfortable with yourself and accepted by others as you accept them -- a time to be together, not to judge or be judged. We're all guys -- there are no real surprises during this time. We just come to realize how bascially alike we all really are.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

broman323 replied to gymrat44's response:
Thanks for your responses guys. I do not think the circle jerk idea is what I am looking for. I think I would just really like to experience that bond I have heard people discussing (trust, free from embarrassment.) I wish I had grown up in a family that was more open about these things because I am only slowly learning (when already into my adult life) that nudity and talking about sex is okay. I grew up in a household where my parents NEVER talked about it. I have 4 siblings and none of us even had "the talk!" I feel like because of the way I was raised, I had become so uncomfortable with nudity (locker rooms etc) that I missed a great time to bond with my friends in that close way.

stev1022 replied to broman323's response:
It would be interesting to hear how old you are..... I am 45. I grew up in a family where you never talked about sex too. In fact, My father thought it was the worst thing when I told people that I was going in for a vasectomy. He just could not believe that I would tell people that... lol. I am the youngest in my family, and my siblings are a little older than I. The next closest in age is 7yrs older... you could say I was an oops.

Although we never talked about it... there are some things I do think I missed out on.... I never took part in circle jerks or any kind of bonding thing like that. The locker room although not totally uncomfortable for me, wasn't exactly comfortable for me either.... I was always intimidated by my size as I felt there were many other guys "more equipped" than I. Although there were many that were not as well equipped too.

In my adult life there are many longings and yearnings I have, but that is another story and another place and time. I think what you are feeling is totally normal for the up bringing you had.

zoom1969 responded:
I think a lot of guys do crave male bonding/ nudity especially if you didn't get to experience it when you were younger. I was shy when I was growing up and was one of those guys that would always change in a stall instead of changing in front of others. In junior high/ high school I would change in front of the other guys before going to gym class but there was never nudity involved. Showering was not mandatory so none of the guys showered. I didn't have a bad body and was athletic but I was just shy. A buddy I grew up with was somewhat of an exhibitionist. He went to a private school but we lived near each other. During high school years he taught me to be more open about nudity. We would stay the night at each other's houses and he would always strip down naked once we were either in my room or his w/ the doors closed. He crawled into my bed one time completely naked and slept next to me! Nothing sexual. I always thought it was so cool that he could be that open and comfortable being nude. Finally I started being more comfortable and starting getting naked also. We lived near a private golf course and in the summer we would go steaking around the course in the middle of the night. One particular night we were running around and stopped at a shelter on the course. Nothing was said for a few minutes and he started jerking off! He nodded at me to start jerking/ jacking and I did! I was really nervous because I had never done anything like that w/ a guy before! It felt so good to share something like that w/ a buddy. We never touched each other and after we ejaculated we got our clothes on and went home. We never really talked about it but we did j/o together several more times after that night!

broman323 replied to zoom1969's response:
Thanks for all of your replies. I am so glad I can share these thoughts with people and not be judged. I have been trying to overcome my anxiety of being nude around other people. I went to the locker room at school a couple of days ago (to change before I did my workout) and a guy was standing a couple feet away getting ready to get into the shower. He turned facing us (the other people in the locker room and took his briefs off and got in the shower. It was like a normal thing and noone payed any attention. It was cool to experience that for the first time. I always feared that people would make fun of me for something so I always got anxious. I got to see first hand that people do not even pay attention. They don't even really look at you... So what I have been doing recently is changing in the locker room, underwear and all in the open...but only when noone is in there. This helps me to expose myself little by little and get over the anxiety... I am working on it. Any tips to help me get more comfortable???

hairyd replied to broman323's response:
Man whatever will work for you. I would strip cold turkey. Other man take it natural. I was laugh at when I was 13. I learned to laugh back. But man have done seen it all. Boys are are learning. Men are your friends they are not judging you.
There are the few that may want to - lay you down. LMAO

Bro, what is your age?

broman323 replied to hairyd's response:

Thanks DA, friends ?

broman323 replied to hairyd's response:
Sure thing Hairy lol

zoom1969 replied to broman323's response:
Do you shower at the gym/ workout facility that you go to? If not you could start showering there to make yourself get more comfortable being nude! Especially if they are communal/ open showers where you end up showering w/ others. Or you could shave in the nude at the sink at the gym. A buddy of mine that went to my gym used to always strip down and shave his face in the buff!

broman323 replied to zoom1969's response:
Thanks zoom. I am not sure if I am ready for that. There is only one shower there which does have a curtain. That might be a good transition. I go to the gym at my school. I dont usually see too many other people in the locker room when I go. I might consider switching times to a busier time of day

man, it not something you get ready for. Just strip! If you think about you will not. Go at a busy time, why pull the curtain? Long shower, shave, and pee. After doing this a few times then you will be ready. But ask yourself are you doing this for male bonding? Are to get a male partner?

Spotlight: Member Stories

polfsky@gmail.com I enjoy reading posts and learning things from this webmd community. It's been fun to be able to openly share and ask things I w...More

Helpful Tips

Premature Ejaculation Cure FOCUS Tip #2
You need to frequently correct your focus to stay in control of when you ejaculate. Sexual programs can be triggered by your thoughts. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.