Skip to content

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Circumcision
broman323 posted:
I am uncircumcised and have always been embarassed about it. I have one daughter, and haven't really though about if I would circumcise my son or not. My wife and I have been discussing trying for another soon. What are your thoughts on circumcision? Should I consider having him uncircumcised like me or should I have him circumcised so he doesn't share the same insecurity that I did?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

joe8843 responded:
I would not have your son circumcised. The uncircumcised appearance of the penis is natural and will help him to have a fuller, richer sex life later in his life. He can always be circumcised if he decides for what ever reason that he does not like the uncut look.

Why are you embarassed about being uncut? I have been trying to restore my cut penis with moderate sucess. I would trade places with you in a minute.

David_Johns responded:
I am uncircumcised/intact, and so are my sons who are now 29 and 31. They are both glad that they were not cut, and they feel sorry for their cut friends.

Growing up I was in the definite minority foreskin-wise, but I never was teased and never felt embarrassed or hesitant to be nude around other guys.

And as far as the whole idea of having your son's penis match his father's (an idea used for promoting routine infant circumcision in the U.S. as early as the 1940s), we know that having a penis different from your father's is not traumatic. If it were, when routine infant circumcision was introduced in the U.S. there would have been lots and lots of (cut) boys traumatized because their penises looked different from their (uncut) fathers -- and we know that all of that psychological trauma just didn't happen, according to public psychological records anyway.

broman323 replied to joe8843's response:
Hi Joe. Thanks for the commment. I guess I was always afraid of being made fun of. I remember when I was 10 my friend saw my brother's penis (also uncut) and made fun of him. His brothers then began teasing my brother and saying he had a wierd penis. This was a little traumatic for me. I guess I always assumed that everyone else was circumcised...I kind of felt like I was different and if people knew they would tease me.

elle0317 replied to broman323's response:
As a woman I prefer the look of the uncut penis, to me it's more natural looking. And they say the male has more sensitivity during sex with a foreskin on.

Let's put this into perspective, did you consider having your daughters clitoris hood cut off when she was born? Sounds painful and unnessecary doesn't it? That's exactly how I feel about male circumcision.

Just because kids made fun doesn't mean that they are right. Kids make fun of anything and everything they are not familiar with. You can save your son from the same insecurities by talking to him about, tell him this is they we are meant to be, it's completely natural. Besides what are the chances your son will have the exact same experiences in his life that you did in yours that led to these insecurities?

Gary0329 replied to elle0317's response:
Elle, what a wonderful response! Broman, I used to be just like you, but I am so glad that my parents left me natural. Most of the men in the world are natural. I would like to tell those women who say they prefer a cut look exactly what Elle said. Also, many of those same women swoon over British, French, and other foreign men, but they should know that the vast majority of them are natural and proud of it. One of these men is Colin Farrell. He makes a point to tell people he is uncut when the conversation comes up, and has been known to show people. :>)

hairyd replied to Gary0329's response:
Gary, I agree. But the women like the look of the cut penis. Because it let them see the head and the total cock. Just has the manscape shows off the total dick and package.
But for the females that have done sexual intercourse or outcourse with a natural penis. The look of the uncut penis is differant. They can still reminder the pleasure pains in their groins. The more pleasure the male receives the more he wants to share his pleasure...... Do not curse the cut men. But Thank the parents of the natural uncut dicks. %) -> :

gymrat44 responded:
Hey, Broman, I would urge you to have your son natural and not cut. That's how I am and I am glad of it. As far as being made fun of, that's going to happen one way or another, I guess. Just part of growing up even if it isn't always very enjoyable. If it isn't your foreskin, it will be something else. At least they're talking to you.

Look at it this way: have you ever seen a statue where the guy was circumcised? Of course not -- that's because they all have what I call the "penis classic", natural and complete. Not to say anything against our cut brothers but I say that uncut is the way to go!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

David_Johns replied to gymrat44's response:
Actually, gymrat44, Michelangelo's statue David -- which is frequently mentioned as being uncircumcised because the glans of his penis is not visible -- Michelangelo knew that in Biblical times only the overhang of the foreskin was removed during ritual infant circumcision. Most of the foreskin was left, and most of the glans remained covered.

It was only after Biblical times that ritual infant circumcision was changed to having the entire foreskin removed, which completely exposes the glans.

(You can check this out at various "intactivist" websites as well as at Jewish intactivist websites.) Just thought someone might be interested in this bit of trivia (some would say that it's not trivia).

gymrat44 replied to David_Johns's response:
Thanks, David -- not only is your information interesting but I appreciate accuracy and detail. I didn't know about pre-and-post Biblical era circumcision differences in the amount of foreskin removed.

And you know, I happened to see the original David statue in Florence one time and never stopped to think, "hey, this is a good Jewish boy; how come he seems to have a foreskin??"

So I'll be more careful about my 'penis classic' line in the future -- actually I was thinking more about ancient Greece and its art, perhaps the center of penis-as-art in western civilization.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

David_Johns replied to gymrat44's response:
Gymrat44, you are certainly right on about the ancient Greeks and their art. They certainly appreciated a full, luxurious overhanging foreskin on the guys' penises! (And your comment about Greece's being "perhaps the center of penis-as-art in western civilization" gave me a real chuckle!)

uniquescreename responded:
I am cut, and maybe that's why I am fascinated by uncut cocks. Not sure what it is about a foreskin that drives me wild. Weird.

doogood replied to uniquescreename's response:
Unique - I think its the whole grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - thought process. The penis that is not like our own looks more exotic and fasinating. I too am cut and have wondered what it would be like to be intact. I had a friend in college who was uncut and I was enthralled with how his head would sit inside this skin and thought how awesome it would feel. He on the other hand was a bit self conscious of being intact. This whole issue reminds me of the Dr. Suess story - the Sneetches. They were characters whole looked identical except some had stars on their bellies and some didn't. Through out the story they had stars added or removed over and over. In the end they couldn;t tell who started out as which type. I guess the moral of the story - a penis is a penis, hooded or not - so give it a stroke and enjoy what you've got! (Hey that rhymes! Dr. S would be so proud!)

Any how! Any of my cut brethren considered docking? I've always wondered how it would feel with foreskin and borrowing another guys would be interesting even if it's only temporary.

An_243270 replied to doogood's response:
I have docked with other guys, both cut guys and uncut guys (when it is double docking, one skin over the other). Very hot!

doogood replied to An_243270's response:
damn! never even thought about how double docking would work - or that it would even be possible! You are right - very hot indeed!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fit masculine homosexual guy looking to explore my sexuality in more in-depth ways with other men. Very open minded and able to talk about many subjec...More

Helpful Tips

Decrease in a mans sex drive with age
Pregnancy, whether planned or not, yields major life changes for women. While a new baby can bring tremendous joy, they also bring stress, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.