Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
The enjoyment of brinking and edgeing.............
sun44 posted:
As I was reading some of the most recent post, I saw where some of us like to edge or brink as part of our enjoyment. Just wondering how many of us do this and what are some of your experineces. I discovered edging and really like developing my self control. It also enhances the super feeling of almost ejaculating over and over again. It seem like I can go on and on for such a long and enjoy each time that I am rignt on the edge of ejaculation.

hairyd responded:
Are you referring to meaning of endurance / edging. My father taught me. To set a timer, alarm clock ,or now phone or digital watch to go off in 20 minutes and don't let yourself ejaculate until the timer goes off. I was able to increase the time up to more than a hour. If you desire keep hitting the snooze. Waiting will increase the anticipation because the alarm could ring at any second. Try to hover right on the edge so you can orgasm immediately when the alarm rings. It may seem like an eternity! It's especially good if the alarm has a fairly long ringing cycle. If it continues to ring as you begin ejaculating, it will heighten the sense of urgency and tension relief.
This endurance always has given me the sour cherry effect.

I have joined my friends brinking a few times. But I perfer to use the mouth and enjoy the taste. But if you are brinking you get more for your frecking bucks. But you do not to have to much around my friends. They will prank you.

Or was it the The new meaning for edging. I enjoy when my wife does a around the world. My body language and words. Lets her know I want to enjoy her long visit. Hitting this super-sensitive edging spot..

gymrat44 replied to hairyd's response:
Brinking/edging can be used as part of self-training to become multiple-orgasmic. That can be a lot of fun! Usually I can 'come' several times before ejaculating; once in a while I have found myself ejaculating two times during one erection and one love-making session. Only problem is that such sessions can take a couple of hours to complete and are completely exhausting -- no energy left for anything else for the rest of the day. And my partner is equally worn out.

So you gotta leave time for such sessions. And one downside to being multi-orgasmic: I find it really hard to pull of a 'quickie', either with my partner or by myself. Sometimes I wind up ejaculating only during one session/day in three -- but it's all still fun and eminently worthwhile!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

Doogood replied to gymrat44's response:
I have to ask - how long did it take to get to this level of control? I'm not that self disciplined to be able to keep orgasm at bay. Seriously - how do you stop before the point of no return. I've only been able to get lucky at guessing when I've reached that point. Sometimes I can stop before I cum and other times i just tip over the edge. Is there a specific technique you can share that keeps you in balance? Really and honestly, I would like to know how to be more in control of myh orgasms so any advice is helpful. Thanks!

gymrat44 replied to Doogood's response:
It did take a while - more than one session, to be sure.

Basically you need to become very familiar with your feelings -- both physical and emotional -- that you have just before you ejaculate (and note, ejaculation and orgasm are different and can be separated in time). When you feel that you're getting to the point of no return, just stop stimulating yourself. Your erection may keep on and then start to subside and soften a little after a few mintues. When you feel that you have lost the strength of your hard-on -- and you'll know when that happens -- resume your acitivity again. (This learning phase is better done by masturbating since a partner would need to have the patience of a saint to go along with this practice). Then you can either continue and stop the next time you get really close to exploding or you can just go ahead and have a pleasant semen release, either is OK. I used to joke to myself that a lot of multi-orgasm training sessions were 'ruined' by my being impatient and wanting to enjoy a good ejaculation - but hey, this was me for myself, and of course it didn't really matter.

I used the book "Multi-Oragsmic Man" which came out a number of years ago and I believe is still available throug Amazon.

I found no secret about knowing when to stop before losing semen and losing my erection. It was just a matter of really getting to know my penis, how it reacts, how it feels and how well I can communicate with it. And having faith that even though an erection may start to subside you'll have no trouble getting it back and randy again with little trouble.

Good luck in your path to becoming multi-orgasmic. It did take me a while. There's really no rush and the journey was truly quite pleasant!

thanks Gymrat! I suppose I have to learn some self control - but the idea of a lot of multi-orgasmic training sessions is a good incentive. I think I've actually stumbled by accident - one or two times - into a multi orgasmic episode. I'd like to be able to control when it happens and enjoy it. It was like I felt like I came a deep prostate/perinium sensation - but no ejaculation. I figured I had just stopped too soon - either a worn out wrist or tired of thrusting. And the mental part about not worrying that I'll be back at attention and ready to was very helpful. Because after these few times I had these sensations I was thinking and feeling that I wasn't doing something right or that I was overstimulated. I guess practice will make perfect. Thanks for the insight! I'll have to get started with my training tonight - as long as I can keep from getting too excited about it

Hey, no problem in getting excited!

One thing I remembered last night that I wish I had included in my post yesterday and that's about getting to understand the difference for you between orgasm and ejaculation. We're used to having them come close together and in our teen years we're often in such a hurry to get things done that we may not even notice the space between the two. So, if you haven't done it I would suggest doing some slow, careful masturbation with the idea of seeing how your orgasm with the overall sense of physical release and relaxation happens and then after a certain amount of time (which we'll be looking to increase) you have the ejaculation of semen from your penis. You may start to find that while doing some masturbating you start to have a pleasant overall physical feeling of relaxation and feeling good while you're still earnestly pumping away -- and you might be asking yourself, 'hey was that really an orgasm, or wasn't it'? And it probably might be a small early or preparatory orgasm on your way to having one or more of them before you have a big one and finally lose your load. I guess that physical awareness of the difference between orgasm and ejaculation was the thing I left out yesterday. And that's important to be aware of since it is the time between oragasm or orgasms and ejaculation which we're going to be working to increase.

Then there are those unusual times -- I remember once going through several orgasm before ejaculating only to find myself still hard afterwards -- and interested. So, my partner and I thought, why not let the show go on? We did, but I gotta admit that we didn't get much else done that day. We were both really worn out afterward but thought that it was time well spent.

So best of luck with your practice and for game day down the road. Let me know how it goes for you and if you have any other questions about all this, please ask. I very well might not know the answer but someone else might. That's where these dialogs can be really helpful for all of us.

First - thanks so much for your time and thoughtful response gymrat. It's truly with heartfelt gratitude that I read your replies. Second - I appreciate you taking time to guide me through this process. I understand your differentiation between orgasm and the release of semen. I only had one time so far to really experiment with a long and slow masturbation session. I was focusing on how I was feeling and the sensations I was experiencing. My frustration at this point is the short amount of time between sensing that point of no return, stopping stroking and returning to a less excited state. More specifically, I had been jerking off and stopped when I initially thought I was getting to that point, let myself calm down and let the blood flow decrease then work myself back up. This went on for about 20 minutes. Then I went just a little further at that point in time. I sensed that I was reaching my peak of excitment, stopped touching myself, my cock throbbed about 6 times and then BOOM! without any physical touching I came - pretty hard too! Am I on the right track or is there anything I should do differently? I know everyone is different but your advice has been spot on so far so please share what you think I could do next. Thanks!

Hey, Doogood, glad you've enjoyed my posts and are doing some serious practice. And practice it does take -- and I know it's not always convenient or possible to make it a long, slow masturbation session. But when the opportunity and mood strikes it can be helpful to follow up on doing some extended stroking.

I'd say you're definitely on the right track. Kind of interesting having a strong ejaculation without touching yourself at that point, wasn't it? Your penis is accustomed to making its discharge when it has been excited and I guess you could say that you've got to 'train that puppy'! After a while it will learn that a gentle, deliberate stroking will make for a pleasant release, it doesn't have to do it by itself. Yes, that's happened to me, usually I have a backload and haven't beat off or come on my usual schedule. But after the penis gets used to you and your approach it will become more agreeable towards following your direction.

And as I think I said, in practice you're going to spill a bunch of semen before you get good control and move on to being multi-orgasmic. But hey, what's the problem with that, other than you'd probably like to make faster progress than that. But if you just proceed deliberately and gain satisfaction from small improvements -- just like at the gym with the rest of your body -- I bet you'll make great gains in a resonable amount of time. And you'll have enjoyed the journey in getting there.

So do keep at your practice, keep it fun and let me know how it goes. The whole thing is definitely a worthwhile activity!

thesicklychild responded:
I enjoyed vaginal sex most, until my wife could no longer enjoy it as a consequence of a surgery, and also age.(we are over 60). I discovered edging and it's all I will need.
There is an online site dedicated to this activity. It is wonderful to realize that we're not alone, that there is a legion of men all over the world who enjoy this. If you edge, you know what I'm talking about. Hours, even days and weeks (well, not continuously!) of beautiful sexual tension and excitement.
It is a great awakening to realize that 'getting there' to getting off is where the real enjoyment is.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am into collecting informations regarding male and female sex related issues and diseases.My area of research includes Pregnancy,Erectile Dysfunctio...More

Helpful Tips

MCCOMB63
I had posted a couple years ago that I thought the problem was due to medication. In many cases it is however I lost the sensation again. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.