Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
100 % Straight or Homosexual
hairyd posted:
"Maybe not many people who are 100% straight join this community, so their views are not represented here as much."
This comment was posted on 08-21 on Mens Sexual Issues. Do you agree? Disagree?

Take the Poll

You are what You are...... Please select .
  • 100 traight - Hetersexual
  • Bi Curious - Homosexual
  • Neither - Non- sexual
vote
View Poll Results
FirstPrevious12NextLast

gymrat44 responded:
Once again I'll say that I do not find it useful to try to divide people up into a few large categories. I think that the idea that either you are straight or you are gay is a flawed concept which has caused a lot of pain and problems for a lot of people. We need to get past that. We're all on a contiunuum and while some may be 100% straight I would be surprised if that many truly are -- maybe a lot of guys in the 90s, but not 100%. And those of us with a same-sex streak may not have that percentage that's very large, but to be honest it is there.

So I am not going to click on one of the three buttons you have put up here. You've read a lot of the stuff I've written and I think you have a pretty good idea what I believe and what I do.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

stev1022 replied to gymrat44's response:
Very well said......

hairyd replied to gymrat44's response:
Gymrat, I understand you are not able or refuse to accept.
The dictionary is clear in the meaning of each. If your in the 90 per centage you not a hetersexual. But you are what you.
I am will to accept this; and want the best for you.

I am not trying to divide people. I only wanted to know if I am the only hetersexual. Sharing information and discussing helpful information with other men. If this is true. My thoughts
are on death ears. Therefore I should move on......

hairyd responded:
Have you noticed the poll results are changing. IWhen I checked the history 1 day ago. There was 2 then 4 100% straight / Hetersexual . At this time 1??????????

gq12 replied to gymrat44's response:
agrees gymrat. I did not make a selection either. I don't agree that people are so easily broken into groups but I also don't understand the choices. If someone is bi-curious that makes them homosexual? No it does not. I also don't understand what neither means here??? Sorry but I am not contributing.

jrocker85 replied to hairyd's response:
HD, I saw this as a one sided survey and skipped it too. We all have grey areas where we don't always fit into a black/white stereotypes. I couldn't answer your poll. I might if it was modified to be a little more open. I read your posts and enjoy them I don't always agree with them but that is you and your opinion counts just like everyone else.
I consider myself heterosexual as never had relations with a man but have considered what it would be like, the same way I do with women who get me attention. So that would make me a curious heterosexual.

hairyd replied to jrocker85's response:
Thanks, jrocker85 I understand this can be a "HOT" subject.
I would say you were a heterosexual. That is normal for our minds to consider options. We also can not control our dreams. Nor does a erecttion in the shower / locker room mean you want to hump your friend. But it you have sex with a male as a Adult.( As a youth, a boy may want to experience everything.) Your not 100% hetersexual. True everyone is curious. Some men suck their own penis.

LotusHeart replied to hairyd's response:
HairyD, I answered the other similar survey you posted, I'll repeat the post here.

The benefit of this community is that people don't have to define themselves as anything. Straight, gay, who cares? These are boxes and labels that society has artificially created, and these labels cause separation. Our society is ultra-homophobic, and thus many guys that get any erotic thoughts related to other males will worry. Most will just stuff it. But our society's views are not congruent with Science. Enough studies have been done that show that sexuality is a continuum. You can read about it on Wikipedia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation [br>[br>By far the most advanced measure for sexual orientation is the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid. It takes into account physical and emotional attraction, as well as lifestyle preferences, behavior and social. Truth be told, 100% hetero is rare. If you read Jackinworld.com, you will find that a large percentage of guys actually fantasize about other men when masturbating, because masturbation is ultimately about the male body. You can read about the survey results here:http://old.jackinworld.com/library/surveys/survey2.html but there are more surveys than just that one. This one has very interesting results as well: http://old.jackinworld.com/library/surveys/survey04.html .[br>[br>Anyway, my advice is to stay away from trying to define yourself with a black and white label, not only is it limiting, but it's also and endless rat hole.

hairyd replied to LotusHeart's response:
Thanks LH , if you read my thread I am not asking you to difine yourself. The comment was maded on 8-21 on this site that
straight male did not join this community. I do not read all the comments as gay or straight. I was wanting to know if I was the only straight one writing?

The thrad may need to be removed. Since if you select to read my comments . The answers today are not the same as in the past. Someone is Ucking with the poll.

3 weeks ago
You are what You are...... Please select
100 traight - Hetersexual
67% (4)
Bi Curious - Homosexual
33% (2)

You are what You are...... Please select .
100 traight - Hetersexual
33% (2)
Bi Curious - Homosexual
67% (4)

gymrat44 replied to hairyd's response:
What do you mean you are not asking us to define ourselves? The buttons are 100% straight; sexual but less than 100% straight; and non-sexual or asexual. Those are three categories and not very big ones at that. There are lots of straight males in this community; we just acknowledge that we're not 100%.

I continue to believe that this type of labelling of people is somewhere between pointless and harmful. The labelling of activities and feelings -- well, that's something else.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

hairyd replied to gymrat44's response:
You Guys WHY continue this discussion! Select the Button or Not. I am not having sex with you. Therefore Every man know their sexual desires. It you choose to tell a liar to your wife or others This poll does not give us name nor address.

Why be embrassed or deny whom you are as a male?

Each person has a sexual orientation or sexual attractions.
It not a label but the person's attractions. If you have behaviors with males of the same sex. then you are not staight.

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior
between members of the same sex or gender. I agree there are many males that their seual attraction or behavior is homosexual - heterosexual.

Heterosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between persons of opposite sex or gender

Asexuality is no romantic or sexual attraction or behavior.

All three are accepted as a sexual orientation. Your sexual orientation may or may not be your choice, Homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality. The psychological harm would be from liaring to yourself or others.

An_246482 responded:
I am not surprised by the poll. Honesty with yourself is always the best policy.

An_246482 replied to gymrat44's response:
gymrat44; I like your slogan, "Manhood should be enjoyed,
not proven." I feel like a lot of folks live as if they have to
prove what they are because of the way they were raised.
I know I was and that's not a very good way to have to live
each day. Life goes bye so fast and we need to live each
day to the fullest as if was our last and most of all be honest
with ourselves. It's not anybody's else's business what your every thought is, but I do think it is important to be honest with
ourselves. If we do that I think there would be a lot less dep-ression and a happier human race! Just my thoughts!

mintjulip3 replied to hairyd's response:
Yes, I notice the change in the poll as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been following this site for at least two years; but I never got around to joining in with you guys. Of course, when Rubare2 (thanks man) start...More

Helpful Tips

MCCOMB63
I had posted a couple years ago that I thought the problem was due to medication. In many cases it is however I lost the sensation again. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.