Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
My Foreskin: Worth > $313
gymrat44 posted:
A recent article out in a medical journal this week advocating circumcision said that on the average a circumcised male saves the health care expenditure $313 for expenses he on the average would have incurred had he been circumcised.

Much of the data for this report was gathered from sources outside the United States and may or may not be applicable to this country. And working with averages can always be difficult. But I do know that I am in my 60s and having had my foreskin with me all this time has yet to cost me anything. But if for some reason I had to pay the powers that be $313 in order to keep it and there was no way around that, I would gladly shell that amount out to keep that part of original factory equipment.

My foreskin is worth more than $313. And I have trouble going along with this study's conclusions.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

An_247002 responded:
I think you meant to say "...$313 for expenses he on the average would have incurred had he been UNcircumcised."

I agree with you. I'm also uncut and never have any medical issue that would cost me even dime.

Majority of men from other parts of the world are also uncut. I don't think it would cost them $313.

gymrat44 replied to An_247002's response:
Hey, thanks An_247002, you're right. I was tired when I made that entry and upon re-reading it I realized that it would take some work on the reader's part to figure out what I had meant -- not the way I like to do things. I appreciate your having made the story clearer.

Apparently there are some STDs and HIV which have a higher incidence among the uncircumcised according to the study and that's where the $313 per capita comes from. But I think that you and many of the other guys will agree that there are ways to prevent STDs and HIV without lopping off a body part without the owner's permission!
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

Spotlight: Member Stories

In my 60s, bought my first barbell in high school 50 years ago and still work out four or five times a week. Getting to know and enjoy my body has inc...More

Helpful Tips

Premature Ejaculation Cure FOCUS Tip #1
The MOST important aspect of permanently curing premature ejaculation is your FOCUS. If you spend too much time enjoying the feelings in ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.