Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Pubic Hair Grooming
kahnjoe posted:
I'm curious ? Please reply and advise your age, marital status, and indicate if you groom/trim/shave your pubic hair? If you do groom, tell us to what degree? For example, I am 48, married. I use a trimmer and trim above penis on the #3 setting; I shave balls and shaft smooth. Thanks!

Polfsky responded:
35, single. Tried shaving once just out of curiously (only above penis and shaft but not balls). Never again after that because it felt very uncomfortable because I wear briefs, and when the hair grew out, my penis was rubbed against scratchy stubble.

kahnjoe replied to Polfsky's response:
I guess I'm lucky? Never had itchy reaction. I do use powder to keep newly shaved balls feeling dry and fresh.

stev1022 responded:
45, soon to be 46, married, trim my pubes with a trimmer, however, I don't use a guard on it, so it basically shaves is almost bare. Shave my shaft and balls.. I don't have an issue with the itchy scratchy feeling either... and I wear boxers, briefs and boxer briefs...... I guess I'm just lucky.

kahnjoe replied to stev1022's response:
Reading Stevs reply reminded me that while I don't feel itchy or scratchy the wife complained once that it felt scratchy when we made love. It was shortly after I trimmed pretty short one time. Hence the #3 setting now!

Polfsky replied to kahnjoe's response:
Do you wear boxers or briefs? For me, I think it's because of wearing briefs. My penis is pressed and rubbed against the stubble area, which caused irritation.

If I wear boxers, I probably wouldn't have that problem, but I just happen to prefer briefs.

Polfsky replied to stev1022's response:
Good for you. Maybe you have fine hair. Perhaps my hair is rather coarse that the stubble feels quite scratchy.

kahnjoe replied to Polfsky's response:
The one time my wife thought it was scratchy, she was freshly trimmeded too.. I thought the combination was great! I wish I could get her to completely shave at least the labia. I wear boxers most of the time, around the house commando and sometimes boxer briefs.

21finish responded:
I'm 65, married, and manscape. Balls are shaved smooth about every other day and I like to keep my pubic hair trimmed to no more than an inch in length. Usually keep it about 1/2 inch to an inch. Also shave off or trim to 1/4 inch everything outside the leg confines of my bikini briefs.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 37 yr old happily married man..recently I have been having desires to experience being w/ a man. I love the idea of of having a man give a bj a...More

Helpful Tips

MCCOMB63
I had posted a couple years ago that I thought the problem was due to medication. In many cases it is however I lost the sensation again. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.