Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
a real man
masculineguy posted:
am in my 30s and i come across as masculine but i feel like i am not a real man cause i am not like the models in underwears...muscular etc...what is a real man?

gymrat44 responded:
Hey, Masculineguy, I bet you are a real man, even if you think you don't resemble the guys in the underwear ads.

There are lots of ways of being a real man as just about anyone on this board could tell you, although each of us might have different ideas. And I'm sure that most of us have had thoughts of not measuring up to the ideas of who or what we think we should be.

I'm getting the idea that there are things about yourself which you wish were different -- perhaps you can change them, perhaps you can't, at least not easily. How is it you would like to be different? And do you think you would be happier and have a better life if you looked like the guys in the underwear ads? You might wind up looking different but quite possibly you wouldn't be any happier, something to think about before you embark on an ambitious gym program.

Like most guys I have wished that my penis were bigger. Mine's average, but isn't bigger always better? After I had women tell me that they were glad it wasn't any bigger than it was I began to wonder just what a bigger penis do for me. Would other guys in the locker room stand back in awe? Would women want to throw themselves at me? Would I find myself at a better job with more pay? Somehow I don't think a bigger penis would cause any of those things to happen and the idea came to be less and less important to me.

I bet if you focused on what it is that you would really want different in your life and worked at that, you would feel quite pleased at the real man you truly are.

Good luck, fella! Let us hear more from you about all of this.
manhood should be enjoyed, not proven -- gymrat44

RetiredNavy replied to gymrat44's response:
I think of myself as a real man even though I am not a workout junky.

masculineguy replied to gymrat44's response:
thanks Gymrat44....are u 44 yrs old?

gymrat44 replied to masculineguy's response:
You're welcome. Actually I'm in my late 60s and am still enjoying discovering more about what it means to be male -- things about my body, my sexuality and other guys' experiences of dealing with being male. This forum has helped me a lot in getting a better understanding of who I am and becoming a happer and more peaceful person.

May the same happen for you!

wow....a wealth of experience...

masculineguy replied to RetiredNavy's response:
what helps you...

do u have email address?

gymrat44 replied to masculineguy's response:
Check under 'Members Stories' -- it's there.

tallguy responded:
Masculineguy, What on earth do you think makes an underwear model so special?

I once was, inter alia, an underwear model, also doing ramp work, and cannot understand how other guys can think that models are different from other men.

Yes, you have to have a relatively nice body, but so do some guys who don't even gym.

Being a model is not about boasting about your body, but mainly done for the money and is quite hard work AND, surprise surprise, it did NOT make me more of a man.

A real man is a person who is comfortable with himself, accepts himself and his dick size if necessary (I'm only a bit more than average) BUT most importantly in being male (not a man).

Boys are different from girls - if you don't dress in pink dressed or high heels, I think you pretty much make the grade!

Be happy with your sexuality, having a dick, in being a leader, and having to shave everyday - that pretty much makes you a man. NOTHING like muscles required!!!

masculineguy replied to tallguy's response:
tallguy your affirmation is appreciated...i needed to hear that from someone like you...thanks again

doogood replied to masculineguy's response:
Masculineguy - listen to gymrat44 and the others who have posted before me. A real man is a person who is comfortable with himself - sexually, mentally physically and emotionally. Yo can compare yourself to other men if you like, but being yourself is what makes you a real man. Have integrity, honesty, be honest with yourself and others, and make the world a better place. Brawn alone does not make a man. We are a complete and balanced package of flesh and mind called man. All my best - Doug

mcat45 replied to doogood's response:
Being a man comes from strength of character; a MAN of integrity, courage and dependability. Leader friend husband father professional whatever- doing those things, NOT a six pack abs, a 10 inch cock (pardon slang) or women doing a "double take at you in the mall.

I know, because I am a man and have gone from "player" doing threesomes (honest) "stud" older women (25 when I was 15) came on to, to a bloated 293 lb impotent "mess" in health and personal catastrophe back to "6 pack" but still have impotence and anesthesia in penis-and I was a strong man in all 3 stages.

Think about it-do the people you love count on you, and isn't that infinitely more of being a man than ladies you don't know "looking twice" at you in the GAP?????

God bless you
john DVM PHD

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 sons. Raise by a divorce father that was only 17 years older than I. Therefore we shared many good times and open discussions about lif...More

Helpful Tips

Fleshjack
I have found that using a fleshjack is the next best thing to real sex. I have a hard time, no pun intended, in not shooting after ten ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.