Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Concerning developes regarding orgasm.
DyedTime posted:
I've looked for info regarding this problem online, but I can't seem to find anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

First, some background: I'm a 30 year old male suffering from lower spinal damage. It's pretty serious. The doctors want to operate, but there are other health issues I need to get sorted out first.

Recently, I've been feeling a lot of pressure around the anus area. Whenever I stand up I feel like I have to defecate even if I have already done so. It's like there's something inside my rectum pushing to get out. It's an extremely uncomfortable feeling, and it makes physical therapy really difficult.

This leads to the sexual problem I'm having: for the last month and a half, I've been unable to reach orgasm. For a while I put this down to the fact that I was briefly on Zoloft, which I hear can cause difficulty ejaculating. However, I've been off the Zoloft for a while and I still can't orgasm.

I've noticed that whenever I masturbate, I begin to feel that same weighty tension in the rectum/anus area that I feel while I'm standing. Up until recently, I've never noticed that before. The closer I get to orgasm, the more uncomfortable the feeling becomes. It 's like this pressure has something to do with my inability to orgasm, and usually I just give up in frustration.

The last time I attempted to masturbate, however, I managed to reach climax. I could feel the sensation approaching regardless of the uncomfortable tightness in my rectum/anus, and when the orgasm finally hit... nothing happened. No semen at all. It's like it built up to the moment as us ysyak and then it was simply over. It felt like I had a really meager orgasm with none of the usual release (physical or mental).

This is very frustrating and a little concerning. I tried speaking to my neurosurgeon about it because I thought it might have something to do with nerve damage, and he assumed it probably did, but now I'm not so sure. My back has been injured since 2004 and I've never had this problem prior to about a month ago.

I'm beginning to worry there might be something going on with my prostate, but I'm only 30. I feel like I'm too young for prostate problems.

Has anyone else experienced this, or could someone shed some light on what might be going on?
LotusHeart responded:
Sounds like you might have a case of prostatitis, which can happen at any age. You should definitely see a urologist, they can help diagnose what's going on. But in addition to a urologist, I recommend seeing an acupuncturist. Western Medicine is good at diagnosing but notoriously bad at healing prostatitis. They often just prescribe antibiotics, but these don't really work in most of the cases. But Chinese medicine has an herbal called Kai kit wan that can cure prostatitis within a month or two.

You can also check your prostate yourself by putting your finger in your anus and look for the prostate on the front side right by your bladder. If it's painful when you press on it, you've most likely got prostatitis.

Just Google prostatitis and kai kit wan, you will find a ton of resources.
LotusHeart replied to LotusHeart's response:
One more thing, Zoloft could easily have contributed to your problem. Not being able to ejaculate after sexual stimulation can lead to prostatitis as well. So even though you're not taking it anymore, you could easily have residual prostatitis, a friendly gift from our lovely pharmaceutical industry. You take one med and pretty soon you'll be taking all sorts of meds to counteract the side effects of the original med. That's the business model.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was born and lived in a very small town called Durant for 6 years.. This is in the state of Oklahome, and my family on both side were staunch southe...More

Helpful Tips

Men's Sexual Issues - and the Task at Hand
In my experience men's sexual issues go hand in hand with them worrying too much about the workings of their penis. The more worried they ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.