Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Help: Husband with soft penis...
snorby posted:
My husband and I have been married for three years and he has had this issue the whole time we've been together...

He is only 30 years old and can never get fully hard during sex. He's not a very sexual guy anyway (which is foreign to me), but it takes him quite a while to become aroused and when he does, he is still very soft.
I have tried talking to him about his sexual/arousal issues but not directly about him being so soft (I allude to it but don't want to hurt his ego).

A few years ago, I noticed a slight "J" bend at the base of his penis, close to his scrotum. Well, it now feels like an "L" bend - I am wondering if anyone knows what this could be from and if it could cause less blood flow to the penis, inherently making it softer?? He is already uncircumcised so it's softer to begin with (I also don't think this helps with increased sensation for him, like I have heard it does).

I am just at a loss because I am a very sexual person and cannot stand the fact that we don't have sex; when we do, it's not very pleasurable. I am not asking for help with making him more sexual (even though it would be nice), I am just trying to figure out how to make him hard so it's better for both of us. Thank you.

stevesmw responded:
If he has health insurance, he should see his urologist.
There are definitely health issues. A 30 year old man typically has strong erections and sexual desire.

At around 60 I developed Peyronies disease:
http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/erectile-dysfunction-peyronies-disease

At first the little curve at the top of my penis was an interesting feature, but it increased and my erection wasn't as strong. I'm getting old and taking BP med so that is also a factor in my weaker erection.

georgemed222 responded:
It does sound like your husband may have Peyronie's disease, and that could be causing some loss of penis sensitivity, affecting his arousal state. However, he may also have some psychological issues that are contributing to this and should consider seeing a therapist to determine what might be holding him back. He can also try regularly making use of a reputable penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil). Look for one with acetyl L carnitine, which can enhance penis sensitivity by helping to avoid peripheral penis nerve injury. Good luck!

stevesmw replied to johnjose's response:
Peyronies may very well be the reason for his soft erection.
The relationship has been documented.

Another issue with Peyronies is it makes your penis shorter.
I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I have always had an extremely high sex drive and now the quality of my erection and ability to orgasm have been severely impacted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 24 y/o man from new england. I have a child and a wife, both whom I love very much. I have had a pretty trying life in many respects. I never h...More

Helpful Tips

Kindly help me
Dear Sir/Madam Iam suffering from below symptoms from past 4.5 yrs 1. After wake up from bed at early morning a. Slight shivering in ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.