Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up


What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Young male with libido issues
bikemechanic posted:
I am a 26 yr old male not in a relationship, as of lately I have been having issues with maintaining or achieving an erection. The sexual partners that I have been involved with are not "one night stands", but long term friends with similar want and needs. My issue is that I want to be able to preform and have not been able to. This is tearing me up mentally to the point that I am avoiding sex all together. The desire is there but the fear of not being able to perform is always on my mind. I am feeling like less of a man. Has anyone had this issue so young, and also what can I do to remedy it?
An_251837 responded:
Time to see your doctor.
stevesmw responded:
The issue can be physical, psychological (performance anxiety), or both. How is your erection during solo sex? How long does it take to get an erection? How hard is the erection? How long does it significantly lessen with no stimulation?
If your baseline performance is the same as it was previously, you might be experiencing performance anxiety. Lovemaking is about pleasing your partner and you can do it without a penis.
Your long term friends should be willing to work with you though your issue.
bikemechanic replied to stevesmw's response:
When its solo there are no real issues, it gets hard within a minute of stimulation, is sufficiently hard, and stays that way for around 5 minutes without stimulation.
The performance anxiety sounds to be where most of my research leads but I am having trouble figuring out what to do about it. Its seem like the more it happens the more I think about it and then the more it wont work.
stevesmw replied to bikemechanic's response:
Think about pleasing your partner without your penis. It helps take the pressure off. Intercourse is tough. You worry about giving your partner an orgasm, ejaculating too quickly or losing your erection. Take care of your partner first and then you can concentrate on your pleasure.
oriongonson responded:
If you want to hold maintain erection longer, You should try some anti erectile dysfunction tablets. Erection issues are generally caused due to insufficient blood circulation through the sexual organ and it also because of some health issues. So my opinion is you should seek first advice form doctor or try some anti-ED pills. Check this out link for more details.
thimsellaid responded:
You could be having symptoms of ED, but you should not worry because the disorder is treatable with available treatments. But make sure that you have confirm that indeed you have ED, and only your doctor can make a clear diagnosis. Moreover, ED could be a result of physical or psychological issues; sometimes both. You also have to know the root cause so that you can get the most appropriate treatment.

For more information about ED cures, you may visit this link:
mistergoodbar responded:
If you're able to sustain a hardon for masturbation, then it's the person you're with that's the cause, or you simple need to be with someone who makes you comfortable, unless you're a tightly strung person, I'd say this would be a good time to get high on some weed and just chill.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In my 60s, bought my first barbell in high school 50 years ago and still work out four or five times a week. Getting to know and enjoy my body has inc...More

Helpful Tips

save time and money. get hard now!
I have potency disorder like i get half-hard... Iwent to the doctor and he gave me a recipe for viagra. I bought Viagra to try out how it ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.