Skip to content


What a Great Experience this group has become. The kinship in Brotherhood. There is such a diverse range of topics. This is the place we can be as open as we want to be... Everyone is welcome to join, but it is not a place to Cruise. It's for sharing sexual questions and comments among men.
Chemical Castration
An_255673 posted:

I am a 28 year old male struggling with his sex drive. Its too strong, the urges are always distracting and interfere with my mood.

I've never had success with relationships....women don't like me. The only ones that do are very overweight and/or ugly and being in a relationship with one like them would not help my situation. So don't just tell me to get a girlfriend, or talk to a psych about my relationship/romantic issues.

Basically, I'm probably a 1/10 or 2/10 on the hotness scale for men. I'm "advertised" hot women every day, 8/10's and above, and its torture since I'm limited to my level or lower. Seeing beautiful women makes me feel absolutely HORRIBLE and it can ruin my day, or even days/weeks. This is making life miserable for me. And no amount of therapy will make me satisfied with the women that are available to me.

It seems as though I have an option to stop dealing with this and lead a happy life. Its chemical castration. I know its the best option for helping me. I've also considered SSRIs, but they have even more side effects with no guarantee of a libido-decreasing effect. With the chemical castration, I can get an injection every few weeks and I'm good. If at some point I meet someone, or feel comfortable enough, I can quit the chemical castration and revert to normal.

I know this is supposed to be a drastic option, but I feel like there's no other choice. And its not that drastic, women can go to their doctor and manage their hormones as they wish. Why is it unacceptable for men to do the same?

Anyways, I'm here to ask advice of how to get the ball rolling with this. What kind of Doctor should I talk to? How can I relate my problem to them well enough to get the correct treatment? I have no insurance and don't want to waste Doctor visits, to just have the Doctor tell me "you're young, this is normal, just live with it" or send me to a psych. I know what will work for me, as I understand my situation better than a 3rd party.
An_255018 responded:
You need some type of psychiatric therapy before you do anything so drastically and rashly physical. See some type of therapist that can help you deal with this on an emotional level.
An_255673 replied to An_255018's response:
Its not drastic. Its not really castration, its more like testosterone management. I just need it lower than it is. Women have options for managing their hormones, why is it bad for me to want the same freedom? I don't need therapy to deal with this. The therapy would have to change my mental outlook which I'm unwilling to do. I'd have to be willing to accept the change in my way of thinking, which I won't do. Besides, I don't have health insurance, I can't afford months of talking to someone an hour a day here and there where it might not make progress with anything. I already know managing my testosterone with drugs and decreasing it is the best option.
An_255673 replied to An_255018's response:
I'm not lonely. I don't want a relationship. I don't want intimacy and/or random sex. I just want my hormones to back off so I can be productive with my life. I've made my choice, I just want my body to respect my decision. I've tried for years to just cope with it, to use willpower to control it, and its no use. It has to be managed with medication.
tonixian responded:
Your first start is with your general physician. From your share I figure you don't have one. You should seek one, get a good physical and specfically discuss your problem.

Your post indicates you have already selected the solution but you need to be open to the possibility you could be wrong. "Chemical castration" is not necessarily reversible, and changes to the endrocrine system need to be monitored by knowledgeable professional. Women do consult doctors , but don't necessarily tell them what they need. Men have the same option, go ahead and exersize it. Consult a good general physician.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Briefly: 43, gay geek, out since age 13; a multiple-organ transplant at 39, living a quiet life and I like it that way. Love to cook, and grow edible ...More

Helpful Tips

Men's Sexual Issues - and the Task at Hand
In my experience men's sexual issues go hand in hand with them worrying too much about the workings of their penis. The more worried they ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.