Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Left temporal lobe pain.
Bearpaw30 posted:
I have had left temporal lobe pain for two days, also pain behind left eye. I started on 15mg of Remeron two days ago for depression. I also take 1.5mg of Klonopin and have been treating my headache with Tylenol. Any ideas?

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
Some medications cause headaches as a side effect, so it could be a medication side effect. If the headache continues you should talk with your doctor about it.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Dont take the tylenol if you get severe headaches because it may give you rebound headaches when they wear off. Also it sounds like some of your headache may be clusters. (Pain behind the eye).

Depression can cause headaches, but I agree your meds could be triggering some of your head pain.

martink2004 responded:
I have had a headache since July 4, 2010. I have been to the ER 8-10 times. I have been treated with a miriad of medicatioins from caffeine, etc. to dilaudid. Nothing lasts very long. I am also on anti migraine meds. I had never had more then 2 or 3 migraines in my 57 years until July 4, 2010. I am currently seeing neurologists in Greenville, S C and I have an appt with you on August 23, 2010. I hope and pray there is something you can do for me. I am at my wit's end. Thank you for anything you can do for me.

carpetcrawler5 replied to martink2004's response:
Are you only taking the caffeine at the first sign of the pain? If you take it any other time it will trigger a headache. Were you taking Cafergot by any chance? You probably need to get on a preventative. Have you ever taken Imitrex? That should help more than the narcotic pain relievers you have been givien.

Helpful Tips

There are many causes of daily headaches and many treatments
Your husband needs to see a doctor to at least have a battery of blood tests, including tests for thyroid, RBC magnesium, vitamin B12, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center